Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Strange Question I suppose

(6 Posts)
Hotpotpie Wed 12-Oct-11 09:48:58

Im 12+5 and since yesterday ive been getting a strange sensation down below, I think it might be pressure on my cervix, I almost feel like there is something up there that needs to come out?! terrible description I know but its such a weird feeling - just wondered if anyone has any ideas and if its something I should be bothering the midwife with? dont want to make unnesessary phone calls if I can help it

bigeyes Wed 12-Oct-11 09:53:07

I had much soreness and aches down there at that stage, not cramps as others may describe, but never a feeling of 'something' being there. If this hasnt passed as trapped wind or constipation in the next five minutes or so, or you've had this sensation for a while you MUST ring your midwife, if you cant get through, ring the antenatal clinic, the number should be on the front of your notes.

Hotpotpie Wed 12-Oct-11 09:59:48

Thanks - Ive had all the pains etc etc as well its such a weird feeling I suppose I should ring really

bigeyes Wed 12-Oct-11 10:35:37

Yes do, if you worried enough to ask in a post on here you should. Ive just re-read my reply and it seems rather abrupt. I do hope you are ok and it is just your ligaments bringing pressure to down there. Best wishes x

Hotpotpie Wed 12-Oct-11 10:51:54

That wasnt abrupt dont worry - well that was a waste of a call lol, I could have told myself what they were going to say before I rang hmm in short, no idea what it could be, wait a few days, if its no better or gets worse go and see GP or back to EPU

I have had a lot of discharge the past few days, TMI I know but im actually wondering if it might be that I can feel, its non offensive and clear so not worried about infection but might explain the sensation I suppose

bigeyes Wed 12-Oct-11 12:23:07

Hmm, it could just be that, with everything 'swelling' and stretching too.

I too have (TMI also) a lot of discharge - im 21 weeks today blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now