Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Share Your Bargain Baby Buys

(11 Posts)
MeconiumHappens Tue 11-Oct-11 22:35:17

Hi smile

Found a couple of baby bargains today and though it'd be good to share. If anyone else finds any please share back.

Asda website:
Baby sleeping bags for £4.50! Neutral unisex, they have sizes 6 months plus but i figure good to stash away, and so so cheap!
Cellular blankets (pink, blue, cream or white) 2 for £8.
Newborn huggies 'starter kit', consists of newborn nappies (27) pack of wipes and a hat, for £3 (nappies alone are normally £3.17)
10 pack of bibs £3.

MH thanks

stripeybump Tue 11-Oct-11 22:37:10

Great idea for a thread!

Costco for bulk buying nappies is my only tip for now but it saves loads.

salvadory Tue 11-Oct-11 22:46:26

Great thread idea, regarding the buggies starter pack if you join asda's mother and baby club you get it free plus £2 off your shopping bill (don't know why but I'm not complaining, this worked for me on Monday last week)

Grumpla Tue 11-Oct-11 22:47:53

Second the Costco recommendation!

Great for nappies, wipes, baby shampoo etc.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Tue 11-Oct-11 22:51:33

I was in Morrisons today and bought a pack of their newborn nappies for £1.63. There's about 25 in there I think and is small enough to pack in the hospital bag. I'm hoping to use resuable nappies but obviously can't do that in hospital so this will be ideal. They have lots of cheap sterilisers and breast pumps too.
Mothercare seems to have lots of vests and babygros half price, but most of them very big sizes.
Apart from that, charity shops are your friend. I've bought some beautiful hand knitted cardis and blankets for pence. It's worth scuring the local Gumtree site as well. In the last few weeks we've bought a bedside cot for £20, a beautiful silvercross Linear Sleepover pram for £40, a new Moby wrap sling for £20 and an Ergo sling for £25. We have managed to save a packet, and am getting all the big stuff done before I get too big and tired to do it.

sleepevader Tue 11-Oct-11 23:11:36

Those huggies packs have a £2 coupon inside sleeve too.

Regarding the sleep bags. Only a bargain if correct tog. In 6 mths time you will be looking to use lighter weight ones.

I brought loads of pampers sensitive wipes when asda were clearing there baby event stuff. 9 pks £3.50 plus I had a £2 off any pampers product from a bounty pack.

Do be careful when stocking up on wipes though as some babies react to different brands. I know I could use these on my other children if need be or sell them on to my best friends.

hubbahubster Wed 12-Oct-11 08:59:22

My reconditioned Petite Star stroller from nurseryvalue.co.uk. £65, can put it up and down with one hand and it only weighs 6kg. And a set of four That's Not My... books from Sussex Stationers for £7.99. DS is also a total eBay baby smile cotbed, shelves and rocking chair for a total of £50. Oh, and babymattresses.co.uk for a custom made mattress for under £100!

BedHog Wed 12-Oct-11 09:31:11

T K Maxx had a whole load of Avent and Tomy Momma, and a few Tommee Tippee boxes of feeding equipment in the clearance section at less than half price. There were sterilisers, breast pumps, bottles, bottle warmers, breastmilk storage containers, puree heaters etc.

I got 4 Momma bottles and a bottle brush for £14 - normally they are at least £8 each, and £6 for the brushes.

Hotpotpie Wed 12-Oct-11 09:44:48

I bought the Asda bibs the other day I love the rainbow colours (for my friend not me) also bought her a packet of scratch mits from B&M for very little

I went to Ikea last night, Im rubbish with prices because Im mostly just browsing at the moment but they did have some sweet stuff for baby and for babies room that was inexpensive

Weevie Wed 12-Oct-11 13:49:34

I joined the Boots pregnancy club and when I bought a pack of pampers new born nappies I got a free changing bag worth £30.

naturalbaby Wed 12-Oct-11 14:02:14

Does ebay count?!?
My biggest bargains were a load of cotton nappies (washed, barely/not used), phil & teds with all the extras, silver cross stroller (nearly new), jumperoo, babygym(good as new), baby bouncer (barely used). all way less than 1/2price and a couple sold back on ebay for pretty much what we paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now