Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Talk to me about symptoms please!

(17 Posts)
babysaurus Tue 11-Oct-11 19:12:55

I am 4+3 (found out on Friday!) and, so far, feel a bit tired on and off (comes in waves, a bit like post workout) and that's about it. I mc'd in July at 13 weeks which was quite traumatic (A&E, transfusion etc) so am now, despite best efforts not to, freaking out a bit that I don't feel more 'pregnant' (I do realise it's still early days, but bear with me!)

I had symptoms come and go like this in the previous pregnancy but, obviously, that is not a good example for me to go by so.... can you tell me your experiences about what kicked in when, how long for, and any fluctuations...? Thank you ever so much!

DISCLAIMER: I do realise how over the top and neurotic I sound! I am not like this normally, honest!!

newtonupontheheath Tue 11-Oct-11 19:23:56

I'm about 6 weeks with dc2. I've decided these past couple of days that my first symptoms are cold/sore throat/cough that I just can't shake. Had one from 6-12 weeks last time and have started again with a cold. Might just be me, but I think my body must be working so hard, it can't keep up with everything so I just get generally run down. Also get the awful tiredness too...almost fell asleep in v v important meeting yesterday. Blamed it on ds being awake all night when in fact he had slept through!!

Congratulations btw smile

babysaurus Tue 11-Oct-11 19:28:44

Thanks!
I guess everyone has different levels / types of symptoms don't they? I am not expecting to be puking / falling asleep / growing a chest to rival Jordan etc overnight but I am kinda wishing I had a bit more to make me feel pregnant! (Maybe I would think otherwise if I was having major symptoms though!)

Thinking about it, I had a cold last time too, a horrid one and I never get colds normally.

Hmmm. I hope I don't get one this time...

<retracts earlier musings about wanting obvious 'signs'>

razzdazz Tue 11-Oct-11 19:34:38

Hi, totally understand the neuroticness!!
For what it is worth I never had any symptoms with this pregnancy until 6 weeks and then it was only nausea and sickness, no sore boobs, even now at almost 13 weeks my boobs are still only sometimes a little tender. Symptoms also can come and go, I stopped being sick at 9 weeks (and worried so much had a private scan) for it to return with a vengence 2 weeks later!!
Wish you lots of luck

openerofjars Tue 11-Oct-11 19:41:49

Congratulations! You don't sound too over the top at all, just wanting some reassurance.

I found out a couple of weeks ago - am 7+1 now- and only started feeling really nauseated a few days ago. My sense of smell was amazing from a few days after I found out and my breasts are very sore now. Waking up twice a night for a wee was from about 5 1/2 weeks and tiredness ditto, but the main change is my psycho bad temper: I am so bloody volatile it's scaring me. I can't wait for the second trimester when I can actually tell people and start having a visible bump.

Oh, and my trousers are digging in uncomfortably: my skinny jeans are now in storage and I have an elastic band holding my other jeans up.

Enfyshedd Tue 11-Oct-11 19:45:47

Hi babysaurus. I don't think you sound OTT - I'm currently 7+5 with my first pregnancy so I'm only a few weeks ahead of you. So far I've had:

- Sore nipples since a week before my AF was due (and I mean really sore)
- Varying degrees of nausea since about 5 weeks (only 1 really bad day, but most days having a few episodes of nip to the loo just in case)
- Grumbly stomach most days in "baby area"
- Wind, lots of wind.

So, lots of fun to be had!!

Also, when I had my booking in appointment, my midwife said that it's common to be congested which gives me an alternative explanation to the blocked nose I was writing off as the office cold.

Good luck to you! smile

Enfyshedd Tue 11-Oct-11 19:48:38

openerofjars - I'd forgotten about the waking up for a wee! Thankfully, I've stopped that for the last week or so as that was totally buggering up my sleep. Still getting waves of tiredness in the day though which totally vanish in time for bed...

babysaurus Tue 11-Oct-11 19:49:03

Thank you both for the reassurance, its HUGELY appreciated!

Razz I can see myself doing the same re a private scan if things suddenly stop (not that there is a massive amount to stop just yet.)
I think I have read too many threads where people are talking about feeling all manner of symptoms almost from the second they found out!

Openerofjars does this mean you are getting rounder already (even if it is just fluid)? I seem to recall I felt like Ms Barrel before for a while as I went really bloated.

Ooooh, maybe that's another thing for me to look forward to... <adds it to the list>

openerofjars Tue 11-Oct-11 22:52:26

I honestly only tested on a whim, didn't really think I was pregnant at all.

No, not rounder, just my waistband digging in really, really bloody hurts. Last time I went to A&E because I was convinced that something was terribly wrong. But no, twas my trousers all along and all was fine (DS is nearly 3 now). Berk.

I was in maternity jeans (for the pain, you understand, and not at all because I was so excited to be pregnant and couldn't wait to get into maternity clothes, oh no) from 8 weeks and had to find some that wouldn't be a dead giveaway at work - internal adjustable waistband, not massive navy blue stretch panels. This time, I have learnt my lesson and am going to live in leggings until after the scan at least (yeah, right).

Enfyshedd, sooooooooooo jealous. I never even got a break in the second trimester last time, just kept on widdling. I was so happy to give birth and then go up to three hours without needing the loo.

<slight hijack> by the way, what's your EDD? I don't know whether to join a May or June antenatal thread as mine is either 28 May or 1 June, depending on which calculator I use.

babysaurus Tue 11-Oct-11 23:29:30

grin at going to A&E because of tight trousers! (Sorry!)

My edd? It will be, if this sticks (must think postive though!) the 15th June according to the, er, MN calculator.

millyv Wed 12-Oct-11 13:58:07

Hi Ladies!

Just a quick message, I found out on Monday and literally didn't think this would be my month at all as I had no symptoms to mention.

At the moment I'm tired (have had a busy week though so could be that) and although my boobs aren't sore like some people say I know that they are there (if that makes any sense?) also had some very mild cramping yesterday but no spotting etc that dispeared last night!

I am nervously awaiting my first set of symptoms that will affect me, as it's my first pregnancy though I'm totally at a loss as to when this will happen, from what I can gather every pregnancy can be totally different from the next!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck!

xx

babysaurus Wed 12-Oct-11 15:19:23

Hi MillyV,
Congrats to you too!
I am a bit of a novice with this too, this is my 2nd pregnancy but I miscarried the first time at 12 weeks. I think the symptoms may come quick and fast in a few weeks time, at least they seem to with everyone else. The mild cramping, so I have heard, is the womb stretching (or something.)
Keep us posted and good luck!

bigmacandhappymeal Wed 12-Oct-11 15:32:17

Hi ladies

Congratulations on the BFPs! Just to say that there is a brilliant thread in the conception area called the freakout room. It's for ladies who are PG again post MC and there is lots of support available there

x

babysaurus Wed 12-Oct-11 15:42:37

Thanks Bigmacandhappy, I am actually on one of the post MC threads already, the 'metal' one. May have a browse in the other though, always nice to know there are people in the same boat!

Cosmo89 Thu 13-Oct-11 13:01:59

Hi there
Sorry for butting in - I have my own symptom paranoia, which is driving me nuts.

I am 4 plus 5 (found out last Friday though) and had been awash with symptoms - that's how I knew I was pregnant really and why I confidently did the test a couple of days early.

I had sore boobs, blue veins, strange cramps that were like but not really like AF cramps and pretty constant from about 4 days before AF was due.

Now, 5 days past AF due date, these symptoms haven't gone entirely (boobs are still slightly sore) but cramps have now gone completely.

I don't feel tired one bit, I don't feel sick...in fact, I just don't really feel very pregnant at all.

I'm starting to worry. I know it's early days and the risk of MC is just ridiculously high if you go on Dr Google (this is my first conception - the first month we tried). I can't get it out of my mind that the pregnancy isn't there anymore.

I know this must seem particularly nutter-ish (particularly as I don't have awful past experiences to worry my mind - like babysaurus - so sorry you had a such a terrible time and glad you're pregnant again)...but can anyone reassure me? Can these things just vanish and everything be ok?

lostlenore Thu 13-Oct-11 13:38:36

Cosmo89 - the cramps were probably due to implantation. Now it's all snug and warm it doesn't need to do any more poking around so they will stop. Try not to worry!

Babysaurus, you're not paranoid at all. I think things can come and go. I'm five weeks tomorrow so about the same as you and some days I feel sick, some I don't. Actually it tends to be more often than not and at least once a day but varies totally in severity so some days I think it's just in my head...

I felt weird straight away this time so suspected I was pg really early. Nausea, sore boobs (also some days not really sore, just more aware of them than usual so totally with you millyv grin ), really tired and stroppy. Also feel bunged up - had forgotten there was a link there too. But some days I am more aware of all this than others, so fluctuates....

Have you got a load of cheapie pg tests so if you're feeling worried you can just do one to make sure the hormones are all still there? Although this could end up expensive, I know I have wanted to do plenty just cos I'm kinda convinced it's not real until I see the scan hmm

Congratulations on your bfp, I hope it all goes well for you this time smile

babysaurus Thu 13-Oct-11 21:45:07

Cosmo89 you're not being unjustified in worrying, although the chances of things working out are actually far higher than it going tits up. I think that symptoms go up and down for a lot of people, so that is hopefully just what is happening with you.
I agree with lostlenore that the crampy feeling was prob due to implantation, and I have also heard that it can be due to the womb thickening.

I can't offer any more solid advice although I can empathise entirely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now