Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dating scan, no heartbeat. Reassurance please!

(2 Posts)
verycherry82 Tue 11-Oct-11 17:20:51

I had a dating scan at the EPU today. The first day of my last period was 19th August but as I have PCOS that's not a reliable indicator of how far along I am. At the scan today there was no heartbeat and the CRL measurement was only 2mm. The sonographer did say that everything looked fine but I was expecting to see a heartbeat like I did at the dating scan with DS1. I have to go back in 2 weeks but feel so scared that something has gone wrong.

Does anyone have any positive stories of this kind of situation?

Thank you!

KatAndKit Tue 11-Oct-11 17:38:56

The cut off point for not seeing a heart beat is 5mm. As you are less than half that you are still in with a chance. It is impossible to say how it will turn out, but am wishing you the best of luck for your rescan. 2mm really is very very tiny and it must be very hard to spot a hb on an embryo so small.
I had an early scan and they could see the hb on the embryo which was 5mm but it was barely visible to the untrained eye. i certainly wouldn't have spotted it - it was just a couple of pixels.

good luck and hopefully you will be back soon with a good outcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now