Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do stretching twinges carry on through the whole pregnancy?!

(6 Posts)
MillyStar Tue 11-Oct-11 15:14:59

Afternoon, i'm 13 weeks 5 days now and got a bit of a tender and twingy tummy today like i had a few weeks ago which i assume was my uterus stretching, i just wondered if this happened throughtout the whole pregnancy on and off?! Just need some reasurance really i had my dating scan last Fri and bubba was fine, it just feels wierd really feeling my tummy today when i've not noticed it for 3 or 4 weeks! x

phlossie Tue 11-Oct-11 15:53:52

I was really twingey at about 17/18 weeks, then it eased off. I think you probably have stretching aches at a couple of points, but not throughout. Although, saying that, you do get all sorts of random aches and pains - stitch, pelvic pain, back ache, acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion, pulled muscles.... Reflux and clunky pelvis are my problems at the moment (22 weeks).

If you're worried about the pains you're feeling speak to the midwife. I did because I was worried it could be a UTI, and I got reassarance - midwifes don't mind. This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I still worried about the same things!

MillyStar Tue 11-Oct-11 18:45:21

Thankyou I'm sure I'm absolutely fine I've not cramped at all just a bit achey like period pain, no worse than I've had a few weeks ago and baby was brill at scan on fri, just so bloody paranoid I never realised I'd feel like this it's my first!

phlossie Tue 11-Oct-11 19:49:19

I know - the paranoia has got worse with each baby for me! It's a bit better when you can feel baby move every day.

whackamole Tue 11-Oct-11 21:53:22

I have! I'm 38+3 today, and right up until about 35 weeks I was still getting these stretchy feelings. As I got bigger, it was more noticeably the stretch IYKWIM as I could literally feel my skin trying to expand as baby (presumably) had a growth spurt!

justhayley Tue 11-Oct-11 22:01:16

I was coming on here to ask the exact same thing. I'm 12 + 2 Tummy also feels really tender

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now