Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had placenta previa and NOT had any bleeding?

(4 Posts)
HPSource Tue 11-Oct-11 11:19:14

I am 33 weeks pregnant and just had my follow up scan that confirmed I have placenta previa (completely covering the cervix). Everyone seems surprised that I have not yet had any bleeding and is at pains to make I sure I know what to do if I do. So my question is, has anyone out there had placenta previa and not had any bleeding?

hubbahubster Tue 11-Oct-11 14:07:42

Me. No bleeding, no problems. Wasn't told to avoid sex, still managed it until I got so big and knackered that I couldn't be bothered any more, no bleeding then either. Just had to have an ELCS which was fine, incidentally. Given the high proportion of nightmare VB stories I've heard, I count myself pretty lucky!

HPSource Tue 11-Oct-11 19:32:57

Thanks hubba, you have given me some hope! I've done quite a lot of reading around placenta previa and it seems so common to have bleeding and be admitted to hospital for a few weeks before the ELCS, I thought my fate had been sealed. Don't get me wrong, I'd do anything for this baby but I also know that a few weeks in hospital wouldn't agree with me.

hubbahubster Wed 12-Oct-11 08:49:04

Glad to help smile I was dreading a long hospital stay too, but was only in for two nights with the CS. I was climbing up the walls by the second night! Had the section at 12.30pm on Tues, was discharged at 11am on Thurs. And that's with over two litres of blood loss (also had anterior placenta so surgeon had to cut through it)! Take things easy after the op and as soon as you're feeding ok and mobile, there's no reason for you not to go home. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now