Talk

Advanced search

CB digital test (how sensitive?)

(7 Posts)
ReadySteadyDrink Tue 11-Oct-11 10:26:21

Hi,

We were TTC last 2 months. This week, AF was late by 4 days. CB digital tested positive and said 3+ weeks, which means I am MORE than 5 weeks pregnant! I calculated I was only 4 weeks pregnant, so expected a 2-3 weeks pregnant result.

If I have calculated my dates correctly, then the test is only 1 week out, but it could be more than that (i.e. 3+ weeks = >5 weeks pregnant), so I am concerned about the dates.

I also did the test in the middle of the day (not very concentrated pee). So, I am also concerned after reading other posts, that perhaps the signal was so strong because there is more than baby in there!

Has anyone else had a wrong results with CB digital?

thanks

LIG1979 Tue 11-Oct-11 10:47:33

Congratulations!!
I think the range of HCG in the urine can vary quite dramatically from person to person and this could potentially explain why you have such a high reading. It could also be that you ovulated earlier than the standard day 14 (which happens rarely) and so you are a bit further along than you think. Twins is also a possibility!

ReadySteadyDrink Tue 11-Oct-11 11:18:28

Thanks LIG!
Well I think I do ovulate earlier, as when we TTC for DS, the first month I demanded sex on the few couple of days around the standard day 14. We didn't conceive. Then I was advised to try earlier, and that's when we conceived, so you could be right! Hopefully! Although I always wanted twins when I was younger, I honestly think I would panic now :-)

PinkFondantFancy Tue 11-Oct-11 23:10:15

The dating thing on the CB digi is pants. I'd use it as a confirmation of your BFP and don't give any more thought to the number of weeks it shows.

KatAndKit Wed 12-Oct-11 09:45:31

When you are between 4 and 5 weeks pregnant is when the conception indicator is least likely to produce a accurate result. I wouldn't worry about it. Loads of people have probably had twins without getting a higher than expected reading on the indicator. It is of course possible that you are having twins, but then again it is possible for anyone until their scan rules it out. The cb could be out by a few days one way, you could be out by a few days the other way.

Congratulations on your BFP, now step away from the expensive sticks smile

ReadySteadyDrink Wed 12-Oct-11 17:42:42

Thanks Pink - you are right! Too much thinking!!! My DH always says this :-)

Kat - you're post made me laugh. You're absolutely right of course.

Thanks so much!!!

OMG I am pregnant arrrgghhh!!! grin

MorningHasBroken Thu 13-Oct-11 11:58:46

I used a CB digital last night and it said 1-2 weeks. I did another one half an hour later (might have been a little bit overexcited) and it said 2-3 weeks. confused. Am going for middle ground of somewhere around 2 weeks at the mo but will pretend to wait for the proper scans to confirm before I start writing dates in my diary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now