Advanced search

Think I have PGP - should I see the doctor

(4 Posts)
SamMarie Tue 11-Oct-11 09:01:52

I have a pain in my left bum cheek which has really started to restrict my movement now. Do you think I should bother going to the doctors? Is there anything they can do for me as I have less than 3 weeks to my due date? Also, if I get it diagnosed, does anybody know if it will affect whether I will be able to give birth on the midwife birth centre?

sleepevader Tue 11-Oct-11 09:05:32

Sounds like sciata (sp)

Unless it's preventing you from moving yourself I doubt it will give restrictions on your birthing choices.

Imnotaslimjim Tue 11-Oct-11 09:09:01

As long as it isn't restricting the opening of your pelvis, it shouldn't effect your birthing choices. So late in the pregnancy, there isn't much the GP can do. But if you are hoping to have more DC, I would go just to have it documented as if you've had it once you are susceptible to getting it in a subsequent pg, and earlier. If its very painful, the GP can sort pain relief for you

notcitrus Tue 11-Oct-11 09:13:11

Phone the MW and see if you can see the obstetric physio team ASAP. They can probably do the referral faster.
Should be possible to give birth in a MLU - I was in a wheelchair with PGP for a few months and still got admitted to the MLU, with the proviso that DP had to stay with me if I was in the pool, to help me out if need be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now