Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dentist Appointment

(5 Posts)
Summerblaze Mon 10-Oct-11 22:22:43

I went for a check up today. I am 13w 5d. The dentist tipped me right back so that my head was lower than my body. I was only there for about 3-4 mins but found that I kept holding my breath while I had my mouth open. When I got up I was a bit dizzy and had flashing spots in front of my eyes.

Was this from holding my breath or being almost upside down. I know that you shouldn't lay on your back but don't know if this is more advice for later on in pregnancy.

ALotToTakeIn Mon 10-Oct-11 22:34:44

Probably a combo of having your head lower than your heart and holding your breath to be honest. You are right it is later on in pg your aren't meant to lie on your back as the pressure from the baby can make you dizzy.

Summerblaze Mon 10-Oct-11 23:06:39

So I assume no harm can have come to the baby just me.

notlettingthefearshow Mon 10-Oct-11 23:21:11

It's not a problem lying on your back until late pregnancy - and even then it only matters for long periods, ie overnight. A few minutes is fine.

Summerblaze Mon 10-Oct-11 23:44:13

Great, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now