Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crying in the office. Is this normal?

(17 Posts)
Mikocat Mon 10-Oct-11 15:30:28

Today I blubbed in the office for the SECOND time. Once again over something really stupid. I got splashed by stupid white van man on my way to the office and managed to not cry until I got to the office and a colleague asked how I was, then I started properly hysterically sobbing!

After a while I started laughing because it was so ridiculous but I still couldn't stop crying! I think I seriously terrified a couple of male colleagues.

So give it to me straight - am I a mentallist? Or is this another of the joys of pregnancy?

cravingcake Mon 10-Oct-11 15:36:38

Completely normal! grin

Mikocat Mon 10-Oct-11 15:45:04

God help me! Yesterday I started because the cat wouldn't come in when called! smile Poor DH!

roz1982 Mon 10-Oct-11 15:58:00

Oh my gosh this is so normal!! I cry/almost cry all the bloody time!! Reading birth books, in the bath, at work, in the car listening to love child by the supremes, picking out anniversary card for dh, it's really quite ridiculous!!!

BuffyFan Tue 11-Oct-11 09:00:16

Completely normal! Not that that makes it any better...

I started blubbing at lunchtime yesterday and didn't stop completely until 7pm. Tiredness, hormones, cute dogs on telly, it all adds up to one hysterical pregnant woman. Crying and work is embarassing and frustrating, but definitely on the list of things that most of us will experience

And scaring some of your male colleagues will do them no harm whatsoever... grin

KellyKettle Tue 11-Oct-11 09:27:42

Yep, I cried yesterday when I got to the carpark and didn't have the £1.50 cash for the parking and the machine wouldn't take card.

Had to go back into the shopping centre, two cash machines both out of order (but did that annoying thing where they only tell you after you've entered your pin and told it how much you want).

Then 2yo DD decided to shoplift an armful of Disney DVDs as we passed HMV looking for the 3rd ATM.

In the end I had to withdraw cash, find somewhere to get change and then trek back to the bloody car with DD sat on top of my 37.5 week bump crying because I hadn't bought her cake.

It was one of those how-will-I-cope-with-2-kids moments.

Although, TBH I probably would have cried at the even if I wasn't pregnant.

People are quite good at turning a blind eye to a heavily pregnant, crying woman and her crying toddler!! grin

LikeABlackFlameCandleBNQ Tue 11-Oct-11 11:40:12

I spent forever looking for an elastic band at work last week, eventually found one, but it snapped as I tried to use it. Honstly, I could barely keep the tears in.

They arrived in full force when a colleague silently put another one on my desk.

miamama09 Tue 11-Oct-11 12:27:31

these stories are amazing!

I've said before on here that I cried when I seen a pigeon with a limp.
Last night I cried cuz DD (2.5) was crying and having a tantrum. DH is glad he is getting a DS and not another girl to add to the mix!

Not full on cried in work, but have welled up a few times, but tried to hide it. I hate hormones!

Karmanna Tue 11-Oct-11 12:41:37

I cried last night when the mousebutton didn't work properly on my laptop. Another time I cried cause there was no Burger King at the airport when I wanted a chicken burger. And anything cute on the telly (even ads with cows!) will set me off.

MiauMau Tue 11-Oct-11 15:19:40

I've been pretty ok until now. Saying that I burst into tears today when I found out that I was going to have a boy, and when I went to the midwife's appointment and she told me that I had a happy baby inside me, and when I watched Marley and Me, and, and...
Well, I haven't cried at work, yet... wink

Jennyrosity Tue 11-Oct-11 16:18:39

In my first trimester a colleague asked how I was feeling and I immediately burst into tears! My boss had stepped out off the office about 10 seconds earlier, and I'd been fine, so she was somewhat startled to return shortly afterwards and find 3 people trying to comfort me whilst I sobbed: "I'm just...sooooooo tired...ALL THE TIME!!"

spannermary Tue 11-Oct-11 16:27:49

Likeablackflame - just read your story about your guardian-elastic-band-angel-colleague.

Made me cry...

midnightexpress Tue 11-Oct-11 16:31:49

When I was I used to have to pull over to the side of the road on my way to work and weep whenever I heard 'Little Green' by Joni Mitchell on the CD player (it's about the child she had and had to give up for adoption). My Dad died just before I got pg with ds2 and my mum used to send me emails form time to time which would make me blub hysterically in the (open-plan) office.

toddlerama Tue 11-Oct-11 17:07:38

I burst into tears on sunday when I met my friend because I was so happy to see her. Awkward.

KellyKettle Tue 11-Oct-11 17:39:16

I'm crying with laughter at pigeon with a limp grin

LikeABlackFlameCandleBNQ Tue 11-Oct-11 23:24:07

honestly spanner they warmed my heart smile

Mikocat Wed 12-Oct-11 14:55:28

Random things that have made me cry recently:

-A magazine article about a woman whose cat stopped her from commiting suicide.
-The end of The Goonies, specifically the bit where inventor-dad says to his kid "You're my greatest invention" - this has NEVER happened before and I've seen the film 100 times.
-The Beach Boys song 'When a Man Needs a Woman'.

Less pleasantly the horrible receptionist at the Ante-Natal clinic at Leeds General Infirmary made me cry yesterday too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now