Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

H&M maternity clothes - can you buy (or even see them!) online?

(21 Posts)
Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 05:42:34

Hi,

I've been vrowsing maternity clothes online and wanted to look at H&M but although I've found their website I can't seem to find any maternity clothes.

It is highly likely that I'm just being dim, but I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction (or even just post a link smile)

Thanks

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 05:43:17

Vrowsing? Erm, browsing!

It is very early......

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Mon 10-Oct-11 05:53:14

Just looked. You can click on ladies, then tops, then mama smile

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 06:13:44

Ah, thank you, I think the iPad was taking me to the mobile site and I couldn't find anything! But linked through to the normal site and found my way!

Merci beaucoup!

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Mon 10-Oct-11 06:19:16

Welcome. Hope you find what you want. smile

vix1980 Mon 10-Oct-11 06:38:07

Hi, i ordered some lovely trousers from h&m online in the mama range, they were 14.99 with a big elastic band at the top, they finally came on friday and i have to say id of bought them even if i wasnt pregnant, they dont look like maternity pants either, think i might order a couple more pairs as i can see myself living in them for quite a few months!

HappyAsIAm Mon 10-Oct-11 09:20:09

I went into H&M last week to look at the maternity range. They had a huge range, but I was really disppointed with the quality, fit, length (everything is sooooo long) and, well, everything really. Which is a shame, as lots of pregnant women on here seem to like what they've bought there. If you are able to get to a store before buying online, I think you should.

razzdazz Mon 10-Oct-11 09:33:38

Have to agree with happy I had recieved the h&m brochure and thought the maternity section looked promising........so wasnt when I went to the store. Next have a huge range online so I am going to have a go with them this week wink

Crosshair Mon 10-Oct-11 09:44:09

I got some nice jeans from new look, not keen on h&m either.

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 10:03:14

See I'm not too badly off for trousers etc as have lots from my last pregnancy but last time I wore maternity clothes from sort of May-September so it was all summer stuff, but am really struggling to find anything that looks nice and warm for the winter. I'm quite 'busty' so was really hoping to find some nice warm jumpers somewhere as lots of tops are too tight round the bust if they're not made of something stretchy.

If I weren't pregnant my day to day 'uniform' would be some sort of jumper (probably a v-neck of some style) with a vest top or similar underneath as with my boobs, the v-neck is always too low cut (especially when bending down to a 3yo all the time!). But anything round neck / high neck makes me look awful as if I have this huuuuuuge expanse of a chest.

So I've been through all my old maternity clothes and hoofed out anything that doesn't fit this time round. Also, because of my chest (seriously - it is a problem for almost everything I buy - gah sad), I find that lots of clothes, even maternity clothes come up too short - they've had extra bumps to curve round and some don't even reach my trousers. I know there are bump bands and things available but I just like things to be a proper length.

And being a size 16-18 on the top at the mo, I certainly don't want to be flashing anything around my midriff - ergh!

Hence why I thought I'd look at H&M on line - haven't been in there for ages so might take a trip into town before I purchase anything!

But any other suggestions tops wise would be gratefully appreciated smile

bigmacandhappymeal Mon 10-Oct-11 10:24:47

I found the H&M tops a really good long length (although the quality isn't great) and they seem to have a round neck that isn't too busty, but also not too hight so hopefully that should help. I am also blessed with significant chesticles smile

Good hunting!

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 10:27:51

Thank you smile

Even poor quality would be better than DH's suggestion of just buying men's clothes shock hmm

ermmmm..... yes, because it's not bad enough that I feel like a whale while pregnant, why don't I dress like a sack of spuds to finish it off! (Although I don't mind nicking his jumpers for the winter evenings - he'll just have to put up with the sack of spuds look - it is half his doing after all wink)

razzdazz Mon 10-Oct-11 12:00:32

Hi again biscuits I am also a busty lady, was trying on tops on friday in h&m and they were dreadful!! They had a nice denim tunic top that the buttons popped open on in a large and the xlarge was HUGE!! There knitted tunic was round knecked and pulled in under the bust which just made them look even more massive.......I totally feel your pain. Have just ordered some bits online from next so will let you no how I get on!!

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 12:03:47

Ah brilliant - thank you Razz

We should start some sort of big busted support group sad

froggers1 Mon 10-Oct-11 14:37:19

I couldn't find H and M maternity online either but was not convinced about quality as its not a shop I like generally but have just put in a biggish order to Jo Jo Maman bebe - might be worth a look. Its medium priced i would say but good quality, fits well and lasts. I am on my second baby and last time realised that you wear maternity clothes after the birth for quite a while too so you want them to last.....no one tells you that!!

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 14:55:49

Mmmm, I've looked on jojo (and got a lovely coat as I never needed one last time) but didn't really quite see any tops that fitted my bill.

It's really just some nice comfy jumpers that I need and nowhere seems to have much in that way (which should probably tell me something! confused)

I didn't find I needed them that much longer after DS was born - I seem to recall going somewhere at 5 weeks and being back in non mat jeans by then - just! It was either squeeze into normal jeans or have maternity jeans hanging down and constantly having to hoik them up all the time! I only remember that particular day as we have a few photos from then and I am wearing a pre maternity jumper too (although my nursing bra boobs look hideous - gah!)

Might have another browse on Jojo.....

HappyAsIAm Mon 10-Oct-11 15:25:10

Biscuits, Have you had a look at Isabella Oliver? I really like their tops. I bought a couple in my first pregnancy, and will buy the same styles but in different colours for this pregnancy too. I find that I can wear their tops for work and on non-working days too so I get lots of use out of them.

I bought a couple of JoJo tops last time, but I didn't find that the quality or stretch was anywhere near as good as the IO ones. They have one jumper, but I go for the stretchy jersey tops and layer them up and wear a scarf on colder days.

I quite like the two JoJo check fabric skirts though - I just hope they're long enough!

Biscuitsandtea Mon 10-Oct-11 17:18:56

Oooh, I don't think I can quite justify the cost of IO - although some of the stuff looks lovely, it is just too expensive to justify for the few months i'll be preggers.

And being a 16-18, i have various bits of fat and lumps and bumps that I'd rather weren't there and are often highlighted by the stretchy type jersey tops - hence my love of slightly looser (and more flattering) knitwear smile

HappyAsIAm Wed 12-Oct-11 12:55:25

I was just browsing for maternity clothes Biscuits and I thought of your quest for jumpers. have you looked at the Seraphine website? Lots of warm looking things on there. I have never bought anything from there myself, so I can't speak of the quality, but there is lots of "as worn by Dannii Minogue" comments, so they're clearly established in the market.

Biscuitsandtea Wed 12-Oct-11 13:01:14

Oooh I'll look at that - thank you smile

AverageHeight Wed 12-Oct-11 21:39:18

I've found Gap to be great for tops. I was put off spending a bit more at first for something I'm not wearing long term but now I regret the cheaper stuff in my wardrobe.

The quality of the jersey tops is much better. I have two long sleeve jersey tops and a casual t-shirt, and two not particularly heavy-knit jumpers - all of which I love. Being better quality means 1) I feel smart enough for work (even though I would normally find a t-shirt style too casual pre-pregnancy), 2) they are warm enough to keep me going (and I normally feel the cold - you'll find me in lots of layers & fleece while dh is only wearing a t-shirt), and 3) they are not the 'clingy' sort of jersey that shows off bumps which are better off hidden. As another busty lady I find them plenty long enough. In their sale I also bought a top with a bow that I loved the look of, but the material isn't stretchy so I've only worn it under a cardi/ jumper as otherwise my bra is exposed under the arms!

I've also bought stuff from new look, h&m, asos, mothercare, redherring and jojo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now