Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had my booking in appointment this morning and...

(6 Posts)
Enfyshedd Sun 09-Oct-11 22:06:54

...the midwife seemed surprised that I didn't have any questions. I know it's my first, but I've spoken to my mum and some good friends of mine who've assured me over my various symptoms so far, and I'm happy with that.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be like! DP was around most of the time except when he popped upstairs to check on DS1 & 2 playing upstairs (quiet for too long can be worrying with those 2). He's been through it all twice before and we've discussed some things as well.

What was everyone else's first booking in appointment like? Did you have loads of questions? Were you too overwhelmed to think of anything to ask? Were you happy with the way things were going and just didn't have anything to ask at the time? Or am I just weird?

Crosshair Sun 09-Oct-11 23:45:53

I havent asked anything yet, read lots while ttc and if I want to know anything I tend to look it up in a book or online.

hippieshake Mon 10-Oct-11 08:46:16

My midwife was a rather surly women who sat in silence for the whole hour. I had to squeeze my question in at the end, and she just smiled at me and assured me I was fine.

I expcted she'd go over loads of things with me... but obviously not.

Enfyshedd Mon 10-Oct-11 22:17:46

Another thing she didn't seem too amused with was my answer to "Do you have a healthy, balanced diet?" - "Define a healthy, balanced diet" - bit of a disapproving look for that one...

I was surprised to be given the option of both main hospitals in the health authority, a birthing centre and a home birth - I said I'd have a think about it. Considering that one of the hospitals and the birthing centre are about a 30-40 minute drive away and the other hospital is only 10-15 minutes (these being the non-rush hour timings), I think the realistic options on that one are narrowed considerably.

Snowgirl1 Tue 11-Oct-11 11:49:12

I'm 29 weeks and haven't had any questions for the MW or GP yet because, if I do have any questions I tend to look them up on-line when I think of them rather than save them up for my antenatal appointments. So, I don't think you're weird. Although I'm beginning to think that I'm a bit weird, as we've just been to our first NCT class and was amazed at some of the questions that others had thought of and hadn't just looked up on-line.

zumm Tue 11-Oct-11 11:52:39

Welcome to parenthood: everyone will now have an opinion on what you do, or don't do, say or don't say. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now