Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I worrying about nothing?

(11 Posts)
hadak Sun 09-Oct-11 16:26:11

I was admitted to hospital with bleeding a few days ago. (currently 34+4) I stayed in for 24 hrs and then went home as bleeding had subsided and all monitoring showed all was ok. Admittedly left before seeing doctor for official discharge but promised to contact hospital if any reaccurance. Yesterday felt a bit crampy nothing bad and hardly any blood,baby movements ok- today I have felt a little worse but nothing I can quite put my finger on slightly more bleeding but blood is (sorry TMI) old very dark blood. Have contacted hospital who said it is probably from the initial bleed but to contact them again if I start to feel worse or get more bleeding. Just been food shopping and felt as though baby was jumping on my cervix all way round supermarket!! and more bleeding (although same dark old blood) Do I just wait and see or contact hospital again? I really don't want to go in if I don't need to but obviously want to make sure all is ok.
Sorry for the long post

RuthChan Sun 09-Oct-11 18:05:36

The hospital are probably right and the dark old looking blood is probably from the original bleed.
However, you certainly need to be careful at this point.
I would suggest that going to the supermarket is really not the best idea right now. Until the baby is born, try to avoid doing as much strenuous activity as possible. It's never easy to stop doing things that need doing, but as much as possible try to rely on family and friends for the next few weeks.
It's worth doing that to help the health and safety of your baby.

RitaMorgan Sun 09-Oct-11 18:08:09

I would call them/go back in to check everything is ok. It's not really worth the risk, is it?

Allboxedin Sun 09-Oct-11 18:10:25

I agree with Ruth, you need to rest for a few days. I now it's easier said than done but try and do the minimum. Have you got people to help you out? All the best smile

hadak Sun 09-Oct-11 20:21:44

Thank you for the replies.
I have just had a bath and yes, I guess I will take it easy this evening. I think I will phone hospital gain in morning if I am still feeling rough. I just don't want them to think I am fussing about nothing..

silverangel Sun 09-Oct-11 20:26:36

I had very similar symptoms at 31 weeks and I think you need to go back. Bleeding is not normal. Turned out I had a placental abruption, the blood was brown because the initial bleed happened some time before and the pressure on my cervix as due to the weight of the blood. All turned out fine and I have two beautiful daughters but I would push for monitoring. My hospital diagnosed me with a UTI and put me on antibiotics first...

RitaMorgan Sun 09-Oct-11 20:59:24

Who cares if they think you are fussing about nothing? The most important thing is that your baby is ok.

whackamole Sun 09-Oct-11 21:18:52

They won't care if it is nothing! I went in for monitoring about 3 weeks ago, late on a Friday night as baby wasn't moving too much. Sod's law, the second I was hooked up he started somersaulting.

I admitted to the midwife I felt a bit silly going in, she rightly pointed out to me that only I can be responsible for my baby, and they are always happy to check and doublecheck that things are running as they should.

hadak Sun 09-Oct-11 21:40:31

Gosh Slverangel that sounds scary, can I ask how they detected the abruption was it with a scan? I did have scan to check if it was a placenta problem but all appeared ok
Anyway baby moving ok but I think I will definitely go back in the morning and see what they say.

silverangel Mon 10-Oct-11 03:12:51

Hadak, they didn't diagnose it until I started bleeding very very heavily and I was delivered about half an hour later! They didn't do a scan at all but I know now that they could have picked it up if they had scanned so hopefully that rules it out for you but I would def get checked out again.

Let us know how you get on x

hadak Mon 10-Oct-11 19:01:18

Hi Thanks Silver for the info your situation sounds really scary.
Just a quick update. Went in for monitoring this morning as(sorry for TMI) I am still bleeding slightly but had lost quite a large clot this morning. Baby is fine and doc said to go back if any new blood/ more clots or continues for 24-48 hours. Midwife arranged for me to see my usual consultant later this week to make a plan incase the bleeding continues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now