Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

odd surges/heart beating

(6 Posts)
feekerry Sun 09-Oct-11 15:38:38

dont know how to best explain this but i'm 17 weeks and sometimes i can literally feel blood surging round my body, feels like my heart is pumping really stong. dont feel unwell or dizzy or anything, just like i've done loads of exercise or something.. anyone else get this? sometimes i feel it in my chest, other times its in my stomach or legs?

dreamc1 Sun 09-Oct-11 16:26:18

Yup, I'm right there with you. I'm 13 weeks, and feel exactly the same, it does go away after a while. Strange all the same.

melliebobs Sun 09-Oct-11 18:10:20

Alot of it is down to an increased blood volume in your body and also your heart is having to work harder to compensate. I've noticed I'm getting palpitations more often and my resting heart rate has gone from mid 50's to top 80's!

saltyair Sun 09-Oct-11 19:07:13

Me too! I find it especially when I've just gone to bed, which is odd..I'm about 15weeks..

harassedandherbug Sun 09-Oct-11 20:15:37

I went to my gp about this as I have a history of high bp in pregnancy. It's partly due to the increased blood flow, but also you have a big artery that runs right past your ear on it's way to your brain. Hence why you can hear it! Weird.....

feekerry Sun 09-Oct-11 21:29:09

Ah okay all very useful. Was begining to wonder whether I was becoming some kind of turbo charged blood pumping machine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now