Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has my baby's head engaged?

(5 Posts)
cravingcake Sun 09-Oct-11 11:27:58

I'm wondering if baby's head has started to engage, my bump feels a lot lower today and baby's movement pattern changed yesterday and is a lot quieter (still moving lots, just different sort of sensations & feelings iykwim). I am 36+5 and had a MW appt a week ago where she said head was very low but not engaged yet.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

BedHog Sun 09-Oct-11 11:31:55

IME, when the baby's head engages it feels a bit like you have a melon stuck in your pelvis, making it uncomfortable to walk any distance, pressing on your bowels so it feels like you want to poo, and the feeling that someone is slowly and gently rotating a brillo pad on your cervix.

annekins Sun 09-Oct-11 11:33:26

bedhog I love that description 'someone is slowly and gently rotating a brillo pad on your cervix' - will file it for future reference!!!

cravingcake Sun 09-Oct-11 11:53:25

Thanks bedhog i love the description as well. Dont have the brillo pad feeling and only have the melon stuck feeling when I'm sat down, not when walking so am completely unsure. Do feel like there is more pressure on my bowels tho. So I'm hopeful that things are at least moving the way they should.

whackamole Sun 09-Oct-11 15:22:38

I'm wondering the same (and hoping - am 38+1) but can't really tell. Baby was half way engaged on Thursday but I think he keeps moving too much to stay there!

Although I do have a lot of pressure down there, OH has said bump looks lower but he said that 3 weeks ago and baby definitely wasn't engaged then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now