Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freezing... could this have anything to do with early pg?

(14 Posts)
blueskydrinking Sun 09-Oct-11 09:00:50

I realise that it's dropped from 30 to closer to 10 degrees in less than a week, but bear with me smile

I am FREEZING. Last night I wore winter pj bottoms, vest, short sleeved AND long sleeved tops, socks; under duvet and winter blanket. 20 minutes later still wasn't sleeping because I was so cold.

Today, wearing thermal bottoms and vest, long sleeved top, wool jumper, skinny jeans, ugg slippers. Bit better today but still more on the cold side. I'm inside and outside it's around 13 degrees - it's not like I live in the Arctic.

It could just be down to the sudden temp change but it seems a bit odd - could this have anything to do with early pregnancy? Is anyone else experiencing this? It's still early days for me, I'm about 8 weeks at the moment.

confused

melliebobs Sun 09-Oct-11 09:10:49

Wanna swap?! I'm dying hot and dh has got the woodburner going! Argh Im sat here in pj shorts n t shirt n I'm sweltering. Why cant he just put a hoodie on!!?? So yerr I'll swap u but I'll keep my 21 weeks!

twogirls1more Sun 09-Oct-11 09:18:02

Hi!
I'm 34wks preg with my 4th, (a boy after 3 girls,) and I had exactly the same thing with this pregnancy in the 1st trimester, (though not with any of the girls!) My feet were like blocks of ice the whole time! I'm too hot now though and would rather be too cold any day!
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! smile

blueskydrinking Sun 09-Oct-11 09:21:12

Hmm, I'll keep the chilliness melliebobs, at least I can keep adding layers!! I'd like your woodburner though!

twogirls... that's interesting, was hoping for baby-sex-clue but don't remember this with my last pregnancy.... and that turned into DS! At least it's not just me, though.

metalelephant Sun 09-Oct-11 09:22:33

Pregnancy does funny things to your body, but have you ever had tests on your thyroid function? I tend to get very cold when my hypothyroidism is playing up, and it usually gets worst when pregnant, so maybe you could get checked if it continues.

Both times I've been pregnant my internal thermostat has gone totally up the creek. Too cold, too hot.

twogirls1more Sun 09-Oct-11 09:34:10

Funny with baby sex clues isn't it! Think there's not much in the old wives tales alot of the time and you're better off just looking out for what may be different for you each time! As I'm on my 4th (and last I hasten to add! smile) I've noticed quite a few differences this time having a boy. (nowhere near as much sickness, skin/hair soooo much better, no sweet tooth...) Would say that hormone fluctuations etc can affect all kinds of things, (internal thermostat incl,) so would say your temp prob pregnancy related yes..(unless you're feeling like you're coming down with something.)

blueskydrinking Sun 09-Oct-11 09:57:06

I find it really interesting... even though all of the 'clues' last time suggested I was having a girl! Ridiculously sweet tooth, the hair on my legs really did stop growing for the first 5 months or so (design fault that it reappeared again when I was getting to big to reach), skin looked dreadful for months. My hair was better actually, but after looking so dreadful for so long I didn't notice until I stopped bf and it went all limp!

I've had more indigestion this time and I really am freezing.

Crosshair Sun 09-Oct-11 11:12:07

I'm running hot, poor dp keeps asking to put the heating on.

Gingersnap88 Sun 09-Oct-11 11:15:42

I'm 17 weeks and swing from being too hot to top cold. I am feeling the cold a lot more than I used to though, I have to wear a dressing gown and slippers at night whereas I normally would just wear pj bottoms and a vest!

blueskydrinking Sun 09-Oct-11 16:46:37

We went out earlier, I was still wearing what is basically my skiing kit including big winter coat and furry boots and I was comfortably warm for the first time in 3 days.

Looked at the temp in the car, it was 20.5.

I think I can definitely blame the baby!

whackamole Sun 09-Oct-11 21:35:33

Well, for me it has been totally the opposite! Hot hot hot since I found out - still sleeping nude with the window open - OH loves it! wink

thinkoutofthetoybox Mon 10-Oct-11 07:11:25

Interesting you say this, thought it was only me.
Was freezing for the first trimester of my first pregnancy and have been the same for the first 14 weeks or so of this pregnancy. For both pregnancies I've lived in supposedly hot countries so I have absolutely no excuse.
I'm guessing our bodies are way too busy doing other things to worry about keeping us warm!
My recommendation is an electric blanket. Only discovered them in my first pregnancy and couldn't live without one now. Dual zone is the best so you can be toasty without bothering your DH/DP.

blueskydrinking Mon 10-Oct-11 18:36:45

Ooh dual zone electric blanket - I need one of those!

I've come to the conclusion today that I also blame the tiredness - you know when you're so tired you get the chills... it's a bit like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now