Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Making the most of maternity leave prior to baby!

(9 Posts)
FRowlands Sun 09-Oct-11 07:27:34

Hi,
We r scheduled for a c section in a couple of weeks, leaving us 2 free weekends before LO arrives ( v excited!). However I want to make sure DH and I make the most of that time. I've finished work now so am able to get most household things done while he's at work. What kind of things will we not be able to do after LO's arrival so we should do now? Cinema? Already done most of Xmas shopping!! Any tips from experienced mums out there would be great!!

Georgimama Sun 09-Oct-11 07:30:05

Eat food which requires two hands.

BiscuitNibbler Sun 09-Oct-11 07:36:17

Have a lie-in.

Pastabee Sun 09-Oct-11 07:40:54

I've booked a spa day with my friend. Definitely can't do that for a while with an LO.

Am also writing out and addressing all Christmas cards with a little gap left to just whizz through adding baby's name.

C0smos Sun 09-Oct-11 07:50:00

Sleep!

BeeMyBaby Sun 09-Oct-11 07:53:52

cook and freeze lots of food for after the arrival.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 09-Oct-11 07:54:55

Sleep!
Quick meals in the freezer
Nap
Read magazines
Go out for a meal together
Drink hot cups of tea
Buy yourself some lovely lounge wear
Have a facial, hair done
Sleep some more
And wait with excitement!!

HappyAsIAm Sun 09-Oct-11 07:55:31

Stock up on meals for the freezer (practical!).

Enjoy having a lie-in, reading the paper, drinking coffees whilst they're still hot and taking your time over things.

Or maybe have a night in a smart hotel with a spa and have manicure/pedicure and a massage? Sounds bliss!

AlpinePony Sun 09-Oct-11 08:11:27

1. Meal in the kind of restaurant which doesn't have prams lining the entrance.
2. Cinema with your husband. Unless you fancy waiting 2 years to watch Toy Story 14.
3. Swimming - i.e., YOU actually swimming kicking your legs and using your arms rather than holding someone else.
4. Haircut - otherwise before you know it the baby will be 3 months old and you'll look like a tramp (possibly).

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now