Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

odd sounds

(5 Posts)
MiauMau Sat 08-Oct-11 19:32:42

So, I'm recovering from a nasty cold that includes that evil cough of doom that sounds like I've been smoking 6 packs of cigarettes a day, and ever since the beginning of it I've been making odd little involuntary noises when I'm lying down that sound like I'm in pain. My DH told me about this, saying that it really worries him and prevents him from sleeping, so now I'm getting all paranoid and not being able to sleep myself as I'm trying to prevent the little "mmm" noises from happening.
The thing is... I can hear myself doing them now and I just can't stop them! They completely come out of the blue, I can sort of stop them midway but, that just makes them odder. I've noticed that they become worse if I lay down on my back.
Any ideas?

redexpat Sun 09-Oct-11 03:36:27

Apparently the natural lifespan of a cough is 3 weeks. So if you're still spluttering after that time see a dr.

MiauMau Sun 09-Oct-11 12:27:49

I'm on my second week now, but the cough is under control. It's the odd involuntary pain like sound that it's bothering me.

LondonGirly Sun 09-Oct-11 13:42:28

MiauMau the same is happening to me.

I'm 32 weeks, so wondered if it is just lungs are so compressed now that with the cough as well it is causing this?

Will be interested to see if anyone else has any ideas

MiauMau Sun 09-Oct-11 14:31:50

I'll be 22 weeks on Tuesday, so my lungs aren't hat compressed just yet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now