Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice please-when to tell DP?

(7 Posts)
Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 08-Oct-11 16:40:47

hi all, I got my BFP last Sunday, DP works away and I was expecting him home today so have waited to tell him as wanted to tell him face to face as I think he may be a bit overwhelmed (had mc last month and we were waiting a bit to try again! Im very happy tho!)!! He is now not going to be home and earliest I will see him is next Fri/Sat!! Should I wait? I will be 6 weeks next Sat and then be past the stage I mc at last time, if that makes any difference! I'm torn between not wanting to keep it from him but wanting to be with him when I do!! Any advice appreciated!

icooksocks Sat 08-Oct-11 16:46:16

I suggest ringing and telling him, put the shoe on the other foot and think about how you'd feel if he hadnt told you.
Congrats on the pregnancy smile

kiki22 Sat 08-Oct-11 20:03:35

why don't u tell him you think you may be and judge by his reaction? if he says i'll bring a test home with me wait if he says run out and buy a test this min tell him!

phlossie Sat 08-Oct-11 20:08:00

I'd definitely tell him now. He'd want to know, and he'd be gutted if you did m/c without him have knowing. I can understand that you want to tell hime face-to-face, but you're in this together. Good luck!

kdiddy Sat 08-Oct-11 20:19:27

I really wanted to tell my DH face to face, but it turned out he was away when I found out and I just couldn't keep it to myself!! I just made sure I had another test to show him when he got back smile

Congrats

scarlettlips Sat 08-Oct-11 21:27:16

Can you Skype him??

notlettingthefearshow Sat 08-Oct-11 21:52:20

Tell him now! He will want to know asap. Congrats! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now