Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping-do I need to worry?

(7 Posts)
Onlymydogunderstandsme Fri 07-Oct-11 21:42:42

im 4+6 today and last few days have been having some feelings like cramping it's not painful and not like period cramps more like stretching? I remember being told that some cramping is normal due to the uterus stretching, is this normal?

jumpyjan Fri 07-Oct-11 21:47:42

If your instincts say stretching im sure thats all it is. I had this a lot whilst pregnant with my second child almost to the point of feeling like period pain but it was just stretching and all was fine. I know you will anyway but try not to worry.

melliebobs Fri 07-Oct-11 22:13:25

i got alot of period type pains until week 10 or so and occasionally still get them now. It did worry me as it's all new, but as long as i wasn't doubled over with pain or there was no bleeding i tried not to get too worried about it. Like everyone says its more than likely stretching.

JohnnyRod Fri 07-Oct-11 22:15:59

Mrs Rod had a lot of that sort of thing until around week 10-12 I think. As Mellie says, if there's no more bleeding than the odd spot then it's probably fine (in my vast knowledge of not yet had one spawn! Mrs Rod did read a lot about this though)

justhayley Fri 07-Oct-11 23:47:36

I was rolling about in agony from 2-5 weeks pains woke me up in the night was horrible. I had two scans at the early pregnancy unit at 5 and then 7 weeks and everything was as it should be. I'm now 11+4 and have my 12 week next week smile I would assume anything if I were u - try not to worry but get yourself ur your EPU or GP and get a referral and get it checked out. Better to know for sure than spend time guessing. U won't see much at 4 weeks but they will be able to see if everything's where it should be and try will probably book u in again for a few weeks after when they will be able to pick up a heart beat.
Hope everything's ok xxx

themightyskim Sat 08-Oct-11 08:57:50

Ive been surprised by just how much pain I seem to have been in the last couple of weeks - nothing agonising just constant pulling tugging and shooting pains - ive been reassured its all perfectly normal and had my 12 weeks scan yesterday smile

Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 08-Oct-11 09:48:26

Thanks for the reassurance, it's not painful just feels like something is going on....which of course it is!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now