Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

LABOUR

(8 Posts)
steph01 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:16:10

WHEN WILL I KNOW IM IN LABOUR? OR HAVING CONTRACTIONS??

addictedtofrazzles Thu 06-Oct-11 20:25:06

This will be the most annoying thing to hear, but I promise, you will know!

After having DS1 I kept mistaking the beginning of labour with DS2. When the contractions started I was like, "doh, how could I have forgotten!?".

Do you think you may have started?

steph01 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:28:19

I DONT THINK SO, ITS JUST I HAVE ABOUT 3 WEEKS TO GO AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IM LOOKING OUT FOR

JoinTheDots Thu 06-Oct-11 20:54:34

Mine felt like mild period pains at the very start then grew in intensity and were rhythmic. It was very clear to me what was going on though - no doubt!

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Oct-11 20:58:36

steph can you take your caps lock off???

to answer your question... you will just know! i know everyone says that, but it's true.
to start with you might think it's just braxton hicks, but if it stays regular, and starts getting more painful and longer lasting then it's probably contractions

steph01 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:59:39

ok thanks

TimothyClaypoleLover Fri 07-Oct-11 10:53:16

Its really annoying to be told "you will just know"! And all starts of labour are different. Some people get the mucus plug, everyones waters break differently, some peoples waters don't break at all and they just start getting contractions.

My waters breaking was the first sign although it wasn't a gush, more like I had wet myself but it happened every half hour to an hour. And also period like pains but these were very very mild. Phoned my hospital to double check whether I was in labour and they told me to come in for a check up. Was told that I was having contractions but to me it was less than period pains so very bemused to think I was in labour. Got sent home and went back into hospital that evening once contractions were coming hard and fast.

Carrichards Fri 07-Oct-11 22:56:35

When I went into labour it started with a 'period pain' roughly every 10 mins which slowly got worse and more often until it was very clear it was not braxton hicks. Took several hours to get painful though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now