Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

could i be pregnant?

(8 Posts)
Iwantababynow Thu 06-Oct-11 15:36:51

Im one week late...

and my tummy is really hard, i keep getting period pains, thinking my period is on its way, but then i feel fine again, and still no period.

Ive taken 2 pregnancy tests, but they say negative.

Ive also gained weight, just a few kg but that doesnt makee sence as im eating much healthier and less than normal.

any ideas? just hopeful thinking? ps im new to all of this

thanks smile

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Thu 06-Oct-11 15:41:26

You need to get seen by a doctor really, especially if you've put on a few kilos in one week. Something's clearly not right.

localcrackpot Thu 06-Oct-11 15:44:47

<seconds fuckity's judgment>

Jamina Thu 06-Oct-11 16:09:30

Hi I was like this, I was a week late and nothing, tried again at 11 days late and was preggers. Are you doing your tests first thing in the morning? As this is best. Good luck and keep us posted x

beatrice75 Thu 06-Oct-11 16:12:53

Any breast tenderness? For most of us this is the unmistakable tell sign (but we are all different)

Iwantababynow Thu 06-Oct-11 17:29:30

No tenderness, but very very soft boobs. normally they feel harder. could that be a sign?
I also wake up really hungary in the morning?

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Thu 06-Oct-11 17:51:37

None of those things say pregnancy to me tbh. Ime pregnancy makes boobs very sore, hard and tender, and there was an overwhelming tiredness very early on too. Morning sickness won't necessarily kick in tila few weeks anyway. The waking up hungry explains the weight gain but if you're having negative tests after a week it doesn't look like you're pregnant, though I could be wrong.

razzdazz Thu 06-Oct-11 18:38:11

There is always a chance wink
My boobs were not in the least bit sore/tender with this pregnancy until this week (am now 12 weeks) though I have had heaps of sickness from 6 weeks to compensate!!
You could have ovulated late or sadly it could be your body playing tricks on you like it so often can when you are desperate for something.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now