Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 wks & small amount of pink discharge?

(13 Posts)
pep124 Wed 05-Oct-11 22:10:36

So on sunday I had a teeny amount of beige discharge. Nothing monday. Tuesday evening a bit of beige discharge. Then nothing all day today then this evening some brown discharge and (sorry if TMI) it was kind of watery pink around the edges in my knickers. I rang nhs direct, who referred me to my out of hours GP, who sent me to hospital. They just asked me what I'd been asked over the phone, and sent me home as there's nothing they can do without a scan. It's my 12 wk scan on friday and they said that's as quickly as I'll get one so just to go home.
Has anyone else been through anything similar? The wait's going to be awful, and as my personal life is complicated (and seems to be getting more so by the day) I'm all on my own dealing with this, so just wondering if the inevitable will happen or if this could be ok.
This is my first and I'm 37. Oh and I've got no pain, although I think I'm asking myself so much if there's any pain that I'm almost imagining I've got some... Feel like I'm going mad...

themightyskim Wed 05-Oct-11 22:15:21

Ive just posted on another thread something similar Ive been passing brown and occasional red for a fortnight and my GP looked down below and I have an abrasion on my cervix apparently I have a scan Friday but was checked when it first started and everything was ok with baby so everyones telling me nothing will have changed - very stressful though so I can totally sympathise - what times your scan?

pep124 Wed 05-Oct-11 22:37:44

1pm is booking in and scan appt - presume they'll do scan first otherwise cd all be a waste of time...?
The doctor was going to examine me, went off to get a swab, and then her boss told her not to bother. Kind of wish I'd spent the evening in comfort at home rather than in a&e, given she asked me exactly what I was asked over the phone. Thanks for reassuring me it could be nothing - roll on friday hey...

themightyskim Wed 05-Oct-11 22:49:22

I amswered this and my post got eaten confused was just to say good luck and let me know how you get on - fingers crossed for what my lovely GP referred to as a sensitive cervix grin

pep124 Wed 05-Oct-11 22:51:01

What time's your scan btw?

themightyskim Wed 05-Oct-11 22:53:51

10.40 something tells me thursday wont be a brilliant nights sleep! I burst in to tears when everything was ok on my ten week one OH has told me to behave this time grin

pep124 Thu 06-Oct-11 22:18:01

Good luck for tomorrow mightyskim - will be thinking of you x

themightyskim Fri 07-Oct-11 08:49:22

Thanks pep only just seen this - im a mixture of grin and confused

themightyskim Fri 07-Oct-11 08:50:14

sorry posted before I finished then, good luck too let me know how its goes this afternoon x

pep124 Fri 07-Oct-11 14:00:39

Unfortunately I found out yday morning I'd had a mmc. Was supposed to have an op today to sort but it all happened naturally overnight. Still bleeding heavily and waiting for it to lessen so I can go home. These things happen I guess.
Sounds like it was hopefully good news for you - really hope it was. Have got eberything crossed that the next 30 wks pass trouble free for you

themightyskim Fri 07-Oct-11 17:20:39

pep im so sorry to hear your news sad these things may happen but it doesnt make them any less painful to deal with I hope your resting up as best you can and you have someone who can look after you

Yes things were ok for me today thank you

EmmaCate Sat 08-Oct-11 10:04:28

I had a bleed in early pregancy - about 8 weeks for me. I had an internal scan that revealed a sub-chorionic haemorrhage that fortuntately was small and isolated from the embryo sac. Had on and off beige/pink discharge; culminated in me talking to GP when had reasonably big blot of brick-brown discharge in my pants. However was all fine and now 37 weeks. Although saying that am on here with worries on another score - don't think would be related to this early scare so am confident in reassuring you that there are lots of things that can make this happen without there being issues.

If the scan does reveal bad news then a lot of sympathy to you and your husband; I'm sure there'll be a lot of support there for you until you are ready to have another go.

EmmaCate Sat 08-Oct-11 10:07:03

Damn - why didn't I read the whole thread before posting? I'm very sorry & wish you all the best for future pregancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now