Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore throat/Dry cough

(9 Posts)
MillyStar Tue 04-Oct-11 19:23:28

evening all, i think I'm 11.5 weeks gone I think, scan on fri woop!! I've got a sore throat/dry cough, is paracetamol the only thing I can take? X

Uglymush Tue 04-Oct-11 19:25:08

I had a sore throat and spoke to my MW she recommend soluble paracetamol and throat lozenegers - such as strepcils (sp)

edwinbear Tue 04-Oct-11 19:55:04

Boots do a Glycerin and Blackcurrant Linctus which is safe in pregnancy, works a treat as well.

MillyStar Tue 04-Oct-11 20:23:18

Thank you, I'm tucked up in bed now and got some paracetamol I'll get something else safe tomorrow, having flu jab next weds so will hopefully be the end of this, keep getting a bad throat!

MillyStar Wed 05-Oct-11 13:09:21

Thanks ladies i got the linctus at lunch time, bargain £1.79 aswell!!

AprilAl Wed 05-Oct-11 15:44:14

I've had a sore throat/dry cough for about a week now too. Not so bad through the day, but a nightmare at night, so I sympathise.

I rang my doctor and was advised not to use strepsils, as something unmedicated like lockets or soothers, or even just any boiled sweets would probably work just as well. The trick is just to keep the back of your throat lubricated. A bit of Vicks on my chest is helping me sleep better too, though I'm still waking up coughing every now and then. Will be really glad when I finally shake it.

Get well soon!

MillyStar Wed 05-Oct-11 16:19:17

I have avoided losengers, i was taking some when i found out i was expecting and the pharmacist told me to take as few as i could so i just binned them straight away and got soothers!!

This linctus says ok for pregnancy and breastfeeding so should be fine!

Thank you i feel a bit better already, my bf will be happy when i'm not 'barking' all night haha xx

kiki22 Wed 05-Oct-11 19:14:13

my mum swears by hot lemonade with honey and 2 paracetamol for a cold. it's more or less the same as a lemsip smile

lolajane2009 Wed 05-Oct-11 19:19:10

the linctus is good. i'm breastfeeding and using it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now