Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14 weeks pregnant and 5 month old is waking all night.....HELP

(5 Posts)
SavannahRose Tue 04-Oct-11 19:02:02

Please can anyone help..?
I am soooooooooo tired and she hardly sleeps in the day, the odd 20 minutes here or there

Xx

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Tue 04-Oct-11 19:13:31

can't help, but wow, no wonder you're exhausted. Lots of sympathy.

naomi79 Tue 04-Oct-11 23:06:47

Wow you will be a busy mumma! Where does your DC sleep in the day - in cot, sling or buggy? I really struggled with DD to get her to have naps in the day until I walked her in her pushchair at 3 months old and she fell asleep and slept for 3 hours!!! This then became her regular pattern until she was about 8 months (although the time asleep did shorten). Basically the fresh air seemed to help her and as my mum always said sleep promotes sleep so If you can get a pattern going it should help at other rimes. Before the buggy miracle she slept on me in a sling which she would do for about 30 mins but it helped!! Hope that helps!! Good luck xx

stuffthenonsense Wed 05-Oct-11 15:22:45

Have you tried co-sleeping? She may sleep better, she may not, but you wont need to get out of bed which will preserve some energy.
Alternatively, insist your DP deals with baby at least every other night.
In my experience (i am expecting no5) giving them solid food makes NO difference at all.
At the very least, lie down when you can, sit when you cant lie down, and ask family and friends to help with housework and cooking. Most people would rather you asked than struggled.

GreenandBlacksAddict Sun 09-Oct-11 15:45:34

Fresh air does help and we fed our son from 10 weeks with pear/carrot/ puree ground rice as he woke every 1.5 hours and hungry baby milk made no difference. In the end I put him slightly upright in pram looking over the back garden by the kitchen door for an hour mid afternoon well wrapped up against the autumn weather, rain cover if necessary, whilst I made dinner. And when that didn't work due to teething he came in bed with us - as long as neither of you drink/smoke/drugs/etc then its one way to get a few extra hours sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now