Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can someone clear up rhesus negative questions for me please?

(3 Posts)
frazzled74 Tue 04-Oct-11 14:57:34

if a rhesus neg mum had a positive baby and wasnt given anti d after the birth, what could be the possible effects on subsequent pregnancy and child?

Crosshair Tue 04-Oct-11 15:33:51

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh_disease

I would ask your gp.

GreenandBlacksAddict Sun 09-Oct-11 16:16:44

Hi I would get to see your midwife in the next few days, I am rhesus negative and DH and DS are rhesus positive. I had anti d with DS at 28 and 34 weeks and I can't remember if had anti D after birth as so bloody drugged up and fuddled and too much going on at the time ! Midwife has taken blood from me at 10 weeks (have you had this done ?) and has told me this time its just anti D once rather than twice as clinical merthod has changed. Presumably they have taken your blood and are checking it.....though you don't mention if this is the case or how far gone you are. It is important to get it sorted as it can lead to baby having to have a blood transfusion after the birth if I rememebr correctly. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now