Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I be worried? 19weeks PG and trying not to think the worst!!

(16 Posts)
littlemonkeybix Tue 04-Oct-11 11:37:17

Hi folks,

Two things to start... a) I am a worrier and b) Head in sand is my fave yoga position....

This morning, and yesterday morning, when I went for my 1st wee of the day (TMI sorry!!) there was a little watery pinkishness when I dabbed. Subsequent trips to the loo = NOTHING.

I have kind of thought this is because I woke up in the middle of the night with mega cramps last night, which turned out to be a sudden bout of (TMI AGAIN!) the squits. blush

I am currently at head in sand phase, but I know this is going to progress to worried stage V soon... and can't quite bring myself to ring the MW.

Is this something to be worried about... should I force myself to call them? Totally inept at doing anything myself here... and don't want to worry the DP either sad Please... can someone help me down off the fence!!? confused

MrsHuxtable Tue 04-Oct-11 11:40:48

I'm a worrier too!!!!
I'd ring the midwife or hospital and ask for advice. You don't need to say anything to your DP. I'd do it in secret too. It's ok to only tell him if they tell you to go into hospital to get checked out.

Are you worried it's the start of premature labour?

AKMD Tue 04-Oct-11 11:42:05

Either call your MW or sit and worry.

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 11:42:14

was it your wee that was a bit pink do you think? UTI immediately sprang to mind when I read this - that would account for cramps as well

Paschaelina Tue 04-Oct-11 11:45:11

I would have said ?UTI as well with the stomach. Call the MW or GP, get your wee dipped.

littlemonkeybix Tue 04-Oct-11 11:52:27

Thanks... I was immediately thinking miscarriage to be honest. hence immediate head in sand... but that was heading towards the worrier stage.

That there was initial calls for UTI has eased my tiny mind a little.. I'll call the MW this PM (the nice office is open 4-5pm, the faceless office is 8 til 8)

I think also that as I haven't "felt" pregnant at all yet, I'm kind of thinking that it isn't real and/or I'll lose it. (worrier head firmly on there!!)

Thanks folks!

littlemonkeybix Tue 04-Oct-11 16:18:22

In case anyone is interested (and to get it off my chest!) I have rung the MW... and they were very helpful. Told me it didn't sound like anything to worry about at all, but I should get a urine test. IF I was worried, I could go to the nearest drop in centre right away, but otherwise just organise a sample with the GP.

Spoke to the GP surgery, and getting that all done and dusted in the morning smile I feel a lot better about it now.

First time I've had to ring the MW triage line, so really pleased I now know they're lovely.

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 16:21:51

Good to hear they werent worried - have you passed any more? and one other thought if you go to your drop in they will dip it there and then for you, depending on how quick you want some answers might avoid further worry for you smile

littlemonkeybix Tue 04-Oct-11 16:40:03

It's only been the dab afterwards that has shown it up.... not the wee its self. Also I have been checking my pantyliners - nothing. And it has only been the 1st wee of the day.

I was so relieved that they weren't worried. The surgery said that I could get the sample in today, but I'm in work, so will only have time to collect the sample bottle. I'll get it to them in the morning. I know in the past they've been really good with rushing stuff through for other family members (I've been with them since I was 8, so mum, dad, bro all through them, and I have inhalers they've rushed an appointment or prescription through occasionally) There isn't usually any issues with appointments etc as it's not a city practice.

I'll see what they say when I collect the bottle. I feel so much better having actually made the call!!

phlossie Tue 04-Oct-11 17:04:20

Have you had sex recently? I had pinkish discharge when wiping after doing the business... and haven't done it again since!

littlemonkeybix Tue 04-Oct-11 17:26:46

hahaha - NO... it's like a barren wasteland... DP has the fear about it, and luckily I haven't quite got the raging need going on yet... he may have to relent then wink

In all honesty, since finding out... it's been once! I did suffer with mega tiredness at the beginning though, which is only just lifting a little now. So I haven't really noticed (How bad is that!!)

I have honestly never wished an infection on myself... but at the minute, I will definitely take that option!!

phlossie Tue 04-Oct-11 18:44:41

Monkey, we've done it once since finding out since too, resulted in a pink discharge, so never again!

ToriaPumpkinPasty Tue 04-Oct-11 19:02:56

I had the same at 18 weeks, very watery pinkish liquid when I wiped, turned out to be a UTI.

Glad your surgery aren't too worried and hope they get you an answer quickly.

littlemonkeybix Wed 05-Oct-11 10:06:42

Dropped it in this morning... need to call them @1pm. They should either have an answer, or at least tell me they've had to send for further tests. Either way it has settled my mind.

Thanks everyone thanks

Oh and isn't it typical that today there was no pink!!!!!

littlemonkeybix Wed 05-Oct-11 12:52:33

Results are clear. I spoke to them and as I have a hospital appointment next Friday anyway, I'm going to leave it til then. UNLESS something happens again, in which case I will follow it up with either a hospital or MW appointment.

AKMD Wed 05-Oct-11 22:39:19

Great, well done for taking your head out of the sand smile I hope the rest of your pregnancy os worry-free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now