Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal/okay to still be having faint lines on pg tests at approx 12 weeks?

(16 Posts)
RubyLovesMayMay Tue 04-Oct-11 10:30:13

Okay, so I've been doing pg tests every couple of weeks just for my own reassurance (cause Im a stress head in the early stages) I should be approx 12+1

They have never been BIG fat positives but the line is always there. I've tried to do them with the first wee of the morning etc. Yesterday I did a test and the line was there, not bright but there as it wasnt the first wee of the day.

This morning first thing, I do the other test (double pack from Tesco) and it was fainter than the one yesterday confused

My scan is on Thursday at 9:45am so hopefully I'll know the score but I feel very anxious, like its not going to be good news.

I will add that I had a miscarriage at around 7 weeks before I had DD (19 months) and that time I had faint lines on pg tests and had a scan and there was nothing there, so I am a little bit scared of scans from that experience.

So what I'm basically asking is did anyone else get not-so-BFPs and still go on to have healthy babies?

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 10:37:11

Have you read the instructions? I only ask because on clear blue it does warn you that as you hormones get to a certain level its so high the test cant cope and you start getting negatives- Maybe thats where your headed now?

Good luck for your scan smile

RubyLovesMayMay Tue 04-Oct-11 10:46:39

Ive only used the Tesco's ones tbh, which are pretty good from my experience and didnt want to start using diferent types to try and be consistent iyswim. I was just going by the logic that the further on in pregnancy you are the more hormone would be present. But you raise a good point.

Im definitely hormonal anyway, DH was said this morning "you've brought ANOTHER test??!!" and have had steady nausea since August.

I just need to relax and let what will be, be. Scared though.

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 10:57:37

Lmao hormones are the bane of my life at the moment! - I'm fairly sure thats on all the test leaflets though seriously in the disclaimer bit

I thinks its a horrid time early on, waiting and not being able to 'feel' thats things are ok, and if you throw in a previous miscarrage it is nightmareish, still only two days to go, keep busy and you will soon be there, and its a nice early appointment so not too much waiting around

Oeisha Tue 04-Oct-11 11:10:01

Firstly, Congrats! I hope your scan went well.
Secondly, STOP doing tests (hopefully the scan will give you the confidence). So many factors go into the actual apparent feintness of the line. They suggest you use early morning wee as it's LESS likely to be diluted to the extent that the test is void as you're most likely to have drunk less overnight than during the day BUT if you're anythign like me early in I was fairly thirsty so drinking during the night anyway.
I had a fairly feint PFB, but there was still a cross, and that's all you need. I'm 24+6 now, so yes, a feint BFP means nothing more than your wee's perhaps a little more dilute than a different woman doing the test...whilst my LO ain't here yet, she's certainly bashing about ok.

RubyLovesMayMay Tue 04-Oct-11 11:32:05

Thanks themightyskim and Oeisha that is all I need to hear really. Im definitley much more of an emotional wreck this time round, thats for sure.

You've both put my mind at ease a lot from your posts and as I should be working anyway Im just gonna keep busy as you say.

Oeisha my scan is on Thursday so I WILL stop doing tests after then I promise

themightyskim I see you're going through a bit of a worrying time yourself so thanks for giving some good advice.

Pregnancy, eh?

Oeisha Tue 04-Oct-11 18:36:45

It's a pure delight grin!

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 18:57:16

pregnancy = pah!

It will be a pure delight Im determined hmm

marthamay Tue 04-Oct-11 19:18:29

Hey! I did exactly the same thing for exactly the same kind of reasons...
Someone suggested to try this and it really worked for me:
Do two tests - first one pee into a container and test like normal then discard half the pee and top it up with tap water then test a second time.

For me, the more dilute one came up a LOT stronger than the undilute - I guess because the level of the hormone was just too strong at that point.

Of course....don't worry about it and good luck for your scan I'm sure it will all be good news.

RubyLovesMayMay Wed 05-Oct-11 09:53:26

marthamay thats sounds like a proper science experiment, would have never though of doing that, I'm impressed grin

One more day to go now, feel alot more chilled out today, even though I haven't slept properly for two night on the trot!

Hope you all are okay

RubyLovesMayMay Thu 06-Oct-11 22:06:09

Hi Guys, had a hellish day at work so didnt reply sooner...

Everything went well grin Im actually only 11+2 but my little poppet was squirming away.

I actually get to have another scan on Monday as they couldnt get a proper measurement of something or other because the baby was too curled up for the sonographer to measure it properly. Not that I am complaining though.

So yeah, I was being silly, and now I can relax.

Thanks again for the advice ladies thanks

Hope you're all feeling okay today

Oeisha Fri 07-Oct-11 12:27:49

Excellent news! grin

themightyskim Fri 07-Oct-11 13:32:23

brilliant congratulations grin did you have a little happy cry?!

RubyLovesMayMay Fri 07-Oct-11 15:51:34

Not this time no, I did with DD. But Im blatantly not hard as nails this time around wink

Have got another scan on Monday though grin

RubyLovesMayMay Mon 10-Oct-11 12:44:17

Still didnt cry at my other scan today but I did cry watching Junior Matserchef yeserday morning grin

Hows everyone?

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Mon 10-Oct-11 12:57:09

I cried at Jeremy Kyle the other day
Glad all is well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now