Talk

Advanced search

Swelling in feet,end of pregnancy,History of DVT

(8 Posts)
Allboxedin Mon 03-Oct-11 16:06:15

Hi, Can anyone give me some advice.

I am being consultant led after a previous DVT 2 years ago after the birth of my daughter. I am 38 weeks tomorrow and won't be seeing anyone for another week.
Anyway I know swollen feet in pregnancy is common especially with this hot weather but how much is too much?
It seems as though my DVT foot and ankle are a fair bit more swollen than the other one and I can't stand for long. My actual leg is not painful though.

I don't have any swelling anywhere else.
Really don't want to go into see anyone unless it is really essentiel as I am just knackered and have a 2 year old to entertain!

Any advice welcome, thankyou

Woodifer Mon 03-Oct-11 16:09:41

You could call your consultant?

Can you wear support socks/ tights / flight socks as a precaution?

Allboxedin Mon 03-Oct-11 16:26:00

I don't have any at the moment but I am on a preventative dose of blood thinners. I would have to go back to Dr to get a prescription for the socks - good idea though!

supergreenuk Mon 03-Oct-11 16:34:44

Isn't it possible it's pre-eclampsia? It may mean just a call to your mw who can test your urine and blood pressure. I would have thought if it was dvt it would be sore.

Allboxedin Mon 03-Oct-11 18:48:32

Yes super, that had crossed my mind. I have a BP monitor here actually so will do that tonight and check bp. If it were PEc wouldn't other places be swollen though?

kblu Mon 03-Oct-11 18:53:28

I got massively swollen feet and ankles (went from a size 5 to a size 9) at 38 weeks' pregnant. I did ask my midwife about it and she just brushed it off but I did actually develop severe PE three weeks' later. I still don't know if this was related or whether it was just a end of pregnancy symptom. Mine were so massive that I couldn't distinguish between my foot, calve and ankle, it was just one big swollen mess. I would get someone to look at them just to be on the safe side.

kat2504 Mon 03-Oct-11 19:09:45

If one is more swollen than the other it would be wise to get it checked out, especially with your history.

Allboxedin Mon 03-Oct-11 20:04:59

Thanksyou both and sorry about your PE kblu, I hope you are better now. I'll try and get an appointment tomorrow and keep my feet up tonight. DD is in bed and DH is home so I might get 5 mins to do that! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now