Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling slightly miserable.....

(10 Posts)
ChineapplePunk Mon 03-Oct-11 11:21:01

I am now in my eleventh week of pregnancy and thankfully my nausea has begun to reduce. However, I can't help feeling as if I have let myself and the baby down. I was full of all these plans to have a super-healthy diet and do some light to moderate exercise every day, but it never transpired.
Due to my nausea, I basically ate what I could stomach, which wasn't entirely healthy. Although my diet wasn't horrendous, it wasn't great either. As for exercise, by the time I finished work every day, I just didn't have the energy.....
I realise the baby will take what it needs, and that at least I could take my folic acid and vit D supplements, but I am still annoyed with myself. Should have tried harder. Very important developmental weeks and all that.

hawthers Mon 03-Oct-11 11:26:54

don't beat yourself up about it - there is still lots of time to implement a healthy eating plan and moderate exercise.

your body was telling you the limits of what it could do and could not do which you listened to. i think it would have been worse to push on regardless.

the little nipper will be fine i'm sure.

Spellcheck Mon 03-Oct-11 11:32:16

No no noooooo!!! Please don't think like that! You haven't let your baby down - you've done what it took to survive!! I'm 15 weeks through my 4th pregnancy and I promise you this is normal!! In a few weeks you'll feel energetic enough to do a bit of exercise and you'll probably be starving all the time, that would then be the time you can eat carrot sticks as a lovely snack (?!).

I'm now eating healthily, or at least, normally, supplemented by my recommended daily dose of five chocolate hobnobs and three bowls of cereal for breakfast.

Nature is amazing, just think of all the skanks on Jeremy Kyle who drink throughout their pregnancy, and look as though they've lived entirely on sausage rolls and crisps and they all have healthy babies without giving it a thought. Babies will take what they can from you.

All those people in pictures and adverts wearing white vests and laughing hilariously while eating salads are just there to torment us normal folk who are just getting through each day. It's all lies! Lies!! Now go and enjoy your pregnancy! x

ChineapplePunk Mon 03-Oct-11 11:33:00

You're right. I know you're right. I think I'll go for a brisk walk and shake the guilty cobwebs off. smile

ChineapplePunk Mon 03-Oct-11 11:35:10

Thankfully I don't watch Jeremy Kyle, but maybe it would have made me feel slightly better. smile

Bumpsadaisie Mon 03-Oct-11 11:39:17

Really, dont worry. I get very sick in the first trimester too - both times have lived off coke, plain pasta cheese and fruit sherbets for weeks.

Your baby will be fine!

mumt1 Mon 03-Oct-11 11:45:34

I'm struggling to eat healthy to although I av eaten better then I did, I'm 11 weeks. And have only took about 4-5 tablets of folic acid as they just make me wana be sick n I'm worrying so much that the baby won't develop normally now x

ChineapplePunk Mon 03-Oct-11 11:51:29

Don't worry, mumt1. You WILL be getting folic acid from your diet even if you feel as if you're not. Supplements are just a belts and braces measure.

nickelbabe Mon 03-Oct-11 14:02:52

oh, babe, don't worry about it!
seriously - in the first few months I would refer to mine as "the parasite", because it just took all my energy, and everything I had, making me hungry, thirstay and grumpy.
grin

It's just the way it's supposed to be.
It'll all be fine - just wait till next month and you'll be so full of energy and eating very healthily smile

mumto1 -if you're worried about the folic acid, try a multi-vitamin (one aimed at pg women) - they don't taste as bad. smile

shefliesthrutheair Mon 03-Oct-11 14:07:04

Don't worry at all! The babe actually takes the nutrients it needs from elsewhere in your body if it isn't in your diet - which is why they used to say you lose a tooth for every baby...

Don't worry though, you won't actually lose a tooth... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now