Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh blimey, the itching has started again....

(8 Posts)
NoobyNoob Mon 03-Oct-11 07:39:24

...I've been feeling really itchy over the past week or so, mainly on my tummy and boobs which is normal.

Ever since yesterday, the itching has moved to my wrists and hands and the bottom of my legs. I had OC with my last pregnancy, do you think I should call the midwife or wait until my appointment with her next Tuesday? I'm 24 weeks.

I know it might be nothing, but then it may be something - right?

cravingcake Mon 03-Oct-11 11:47:16

Give your midwife (or GP) a call. A simple blood test that only takes a couple of minutes will put your mind at ease.

It could be something simple like the hot weather irritating your skin, my fingers have swelled to the size of little sausages & my ankles are long gone (had MW appointment this morning though and all is fine) but the swelling stretched my skin and made it a bit more itchy.

NoobyNoob Mon 03-Oct-11 11:51:41

Thanks Craving. I called them earlier and I have an appointment at 3pm at the hospital for a blood test.

Hopefully it's just the heat!

starkadder Tue 04-Oct-11 19:35:01

HI there
Hope your blood tests were OK. I think it was the right decision as if you've had OC once, you're more likely to get it again (you probably know this already). I've just been diagnosed with it again in 2nd pregnancy & am hoping you won't be - but if you are, I truly sympathise!!

NoobyNoob Tue 04-Oct-11 19:37:55

Hi Star
I haven't heard from them today, so I'm assuming no news is good news! So sorry you've diagnosed. It's such a horrible thing, isn't it?

If you don't mind me asking, how far along are you? Hope you're finding some way of relief, but I know that it's sometimes impossible.

bmm39 Wed 05-Oct-11 11:42:25

Ring your midwife ASAP. My midwife told me to contact her if I get itchy hands as there maybe a problem with my liver. It's probably nothing but it's best to get it checked out.

Minstrelsaremarvellous Wed 05-Oct-11 20:51:45

You've done the right thing - but I got really itchy in pg number 1 at this stage and I'm just experiencing the same this - not sure if it's cos I'm swelling all over and stretching the skin which is making it itch. Hope it's all ok

NancyBlacket Thu 06-Oct-11 06:34:19

You have my sympathy. I too have just started itching again at 26 weeks. And also had OC in my first pregnancy. I'm waiting for the blood test results too, and scratching my self silly. Good luck I really hope it's not OC but it's nice (sort of!) to know there is company out there who understands!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now