Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

calling experienced mums, just wondering?...........

(12 Posts)
georgethecat Sun 02-Oct-11 21:26:46

How long did it take your hormones to return to normal after giving birth? in other words when did you start to feel sane again?

dinkystinky Sun 02-Oct-11 21:30:25

About 6 weeks to be honest - it's a huge learning curve first time and you and your partner are tired and stress - but that first smile lifts the cloud.

pootlebug Sun 02-Oct-11 21:32:37

It varied by child. The mad-hormonal-burst-into-tears-97-times-a-day stage was much more pronounced after the birth of my first child than my second. It got better after a few weeks and was a gradual process. After my second it wasn't such a big deal in the first place and didn't seem to last as long.

I think it is hard to tell sometimes where hormones leave off and utter exhaustion begins too....

Debs75 Sun 02-Oct-11 21:32:40

That is so variable. With dc2 it took me months to lose that fuzzy headed feeling and settle into a routine. With dc1 it was a few weeks, there was just me, her and her dad and no pressure to do anything but care for her.
The quicker I felt more like myself the sooner i felt like sex as well

staylucky Sun 02-Oct-11 23:35:48

A few weeks with DD1 months and months and months with DS! For me was closely linked with the amount of regular sleep I was getting. If anyone offers up help or to give you a break TAKE IT!! x x x

eaglewings Sun 02-Oct-11 23:38:59

Far longer - well over 8 weeks with first. After birth of second I was back writing dissertation after 2 weeks and at college again at 4 weeks (with mum in background looking after dd between feeds)

Would not like to repeat the first few months after irs birth again though sad

eaglewings Sun 02-Oct-11 23:39:28

First birth - sorry too many wine

DS2 is 6 months and tbh I don't feel entirely sane yet.

Am massively sleep deprived though due to him and DS1 tag-teaming their nightwaking.

<sigh>

Tempingmaniac Sun 02-Oct-11 23:42:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blueshoes Sun 02-Oct-11 23:45:24

I always felt sane even when I was going crazy.

georgethecat Mon 03-Oct-11 20:12:56

Thanks ladies, just looking forward to settled hormones again smile fed up of being a hormone fruit loopsmile o and to drinking wine again, dont make me jealous eaglewings ;)

GreenandBlacksAddict Sun 09-Oct-11 16:47:47

I remember 3 weeks after DS1 I saw our cat walk down the garden path- this made me blubb as if someone had died ??? This was obviously my hormones.... I also wanted at 6 weeks after to leave the house and go and live in the woods for the summer. So I would say it lasts for a good 6 weeks !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now