Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks and no symptoms. Reassurance needed!

(21 Posts)
verycherry82 Sun 02-Oct-11 20:39:18

According to the clearblue conception indicator test and rough dates, I am 4-5 weeks pregnant but have absolutely no symptoms. I don't feel sick, I'm not tired, I don't have sore boobs, absolutely nothing feels different at all. Please tell me I'm not the only one and that this doesn't mean anything.

This is my 2nd pregnancy and although I didn't have loads of symptoms with DC1, I did feel tired and have tender boobs. I've had the feeling that it's all a bit too good to be true since I found out and am worried that something bad is going to happen!

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Sun 02-Oct-11 20:42:00

I literally only knew I was pg when i realised that mother nature hadn't visited and I was trying to remember when my last period was. Had no symptoms until about 9 weeks if I remember with dc2.

tigerbear Sun 02-Oct-11 20:42:05

Hello, please try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!). I didn't have any symptoms for ages - at least 7 weeks, and even then it was just going to to the loo in the night. I didn't have any morning sickness, breasts weren't sore, etc. First DD was born 5 months ago smile
Good luck, I'm sure all will be ok.

verycherry82 Sun 02-Oct-11 20:43:24

Thank you. I'm just hoping I'm being silly. Will probably stress until my 12 week scan though!

georgethecat Sun 02-Oct-11 20:49:24

Hi verycherry82 I was the same this pg I had had a mc earlier this year so convinced myself that this would happen again. The only boob soreness I had was from continually poking them to check if they were sore smile symptoms wax and wane so if I had a few days sickness followed by feeling great I'd convince myself of a mc. All you can do is try and relax, easier said than done but lack of symptoms doesn't necessarily mean its gone wrong xxxxx

AyesToTheRight Sun 02-Oct-11 20:50:55

Around 5 weeks I had no symptoms apart from lack of period. By 6 weeks I had a lot of symptoms.

notlettingthefearshow Sun 02-Oct-11 22:44:23

I had no symptoms until 9 weeks. Then I was as sick as a dog for 3 weeks!

frankietwospots Mon 03-Oct-11 10:17:48

Hi, I'm a newbie and just felt compelled to reply to this. I was exactly the same - I had no symptoms whatsoever, no sickness, no sore boobs, no tiredness, nothing. In fact, I didn't ever get any of those symptoms and I'm 30 weeks tomorrow! The wait up until my 12 week scan seemed to take forever and I completely convinced myself that there wasn't a baby inside due to the total lack of symptoms. It just felt abornmal. Anyhow, at the scan, I was shocked to discover that there was a baby in there after all! You will be fine I'm sure!

HeidiHole Mon 03-Oct-11 10:27:12

my symptoms started about 6 weeks and full force after 7 weeks. Don't stress (even though I did!)

verycherry82 Tue 04-Oct-11 09:38:21

This is all very reassuring! Thank you ladies.

I have a scan next week at the EPU so fingers crossed!

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 10:39:22

I had no symptoms and posted very similar to this, my 'symptoms' only started at 10 weeks and have been pain and bleeding hmm I have had a scan though and the baby was fine apparently we are just very lucky (insert a I feel anything but face here)

kat2504 Tue 04-Oct-11 12:20:48

I am 12+5 and I have had very few symptoms at all. Very little nausea, no sickness, not massively tired, only the odd day or so of boob ache. I think a lot of people read about symptoms and then expect them to be a lot worse than they often are.
Obviously I have been lucky and some people feel like shit from day 1, but what I mean is that you don't have to be vomiting every day for your pregnancy to be going well.

figgygal Tue 04-Oct-11 12:23:15

Im 31 weeks and apart from the bump have had no symptoms what so ever you may just be lucky this time round!!

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 12:46:19

totally on a tangent but thats two of you with figs in your names now, please be aware I blame you both entirely for the pack of fig rolls ive just bought and am about to demolish!

verycherry82 I think we read far too much about symptoms and very few sites explain that for some of us there really aren't going to be any- do you have any of the less obvious more subtle stuff? spots, constipation, an upset tummy, mad dreams, feeling a bit more unsettled in yourself, going off certain foods or feeling nauseous until you eat? they are a few that I have developed recently, oh and early on weeing far to much, and my wee was suddenly very yellow and smelt of sugar puffs and I had a strange taste in my mouth, I wouldnt immediately say it was metalic but along those lines- also loads and loads of people say that their second pregnancy was totally different to their first that seems to be a bit of a given on here

Sorry that ended up a long post Im off for my biscuit and brew smile

Jamina Tue 04-Oct-11 13:56:23

I had no symptoms at 5 weeks however, mine started bang on 6 weeks and been sick several times a day since, I am now 13 weeks. Try and relax you are probably one of the lucky ones. I remember thinking gosh I wish I was just sick or something boy I wish that thought never crossed my mind. Take care

verycherry82 Tue 04-Oct-11 16:23:24

mightyskim I think you are right about reading too much about symptoms. Even though this is my 2nd pregnancy and I didn't have loads with my DS, I am still expecting all of the "typical" ones! Now you come to mention it, I am a little bit constipated, have a slightly odd taste in my mouth and feel like I have a lump in my throat when I swallow. Thank you for reassuring me!! I believ you deserved every single one of the 5 fig rolls!!

kat and figgy, maybe I should just stop moaning and be grateful that I'm not feeling sick and generally feeling awful and enjoy the fact that I'm having a good pregnancy so far.

I think I will feel more relaxed once I've had my scan. At the moment, it feels all too good to be true and I don't feel like I can enjoy it as I'm just waiting for something to go wrong! I guess that's normal though??

kat2504 Tue 04-Oct-11 16:26:10

Totally normal. I think it's hard not to feel that way at times, especially early on.

themightyskim Tue 04-Oct-11 16:46:25

5?! ha ha I wish Id stopped at five blush glad that helped and Ive been stressed to death thats why I had the list - ive been desperate for something to happen that would make me feel pregnant (perhaps not the bleeding but we cant have it all ways) its my 12 week scan on Friday and I feel like ive limped this far, keep posting on here i know the reassurance helps me feel normal smile

ktt5378 Tue 04-Oct-11 16:50:26

I had no symptoms until the start of week 7 then felt permanently sick for 9 weeks> Oh to go back to no symptoms :O Everyone is different and even if it is not your first you may feel different this time. My SIL sailed through her first pregnancy and was as sick as anything second time around!

GreenandBlacksAddict Sun 09-Oct-11 15:57:32

Don't worry I did my test at 6 weeks as no period but that was the only giveaway !

babysaurus Mon 17-Oct-11 21:51:27

Thank you for this thread! I have had vague nausea and tiredness but that's about it and, like others, found it hard to keep assuming something hadn't gone wrong! I realise that logically we can't all have dramatic and constant symptoms but it's still great to read a thread like this!
Thanks OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now