Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

clomid succes stories pleasee !!

(20 Posts)
lucytee Sun 02-Oct-11 20:07:52

Hi everyone ! grin

I have PCOS and was perscribed northisterone to kick start a piriod as i hadnt had a piriod in over a year. I am now on day 2 of tht piriod and have taken my first dose of clomid. ( i have to take clomid on day 2-5). I would love to hear your success stories and how many rounds of clomid you needed ect as i have been ttc for 3 years without success !!! i am hoping clomid will be succesfull for me smile xxxx

Mum2be79 Sun 02-Oct-11 20:39:13

Well here's one - although 35 years later!!!

My MIL had been trying unsuccessfully for a baby for 16 years. She had almost given up hope and was prescribed Clomid in 1974/75. My DH was born 9 months later in August 1975! He's an only child. MIL stopped trying after that. One miracle child after that long trying was enough.

I keep referring to him as the 'miracle child'.

If it can be done then, it can be done now!

(PS. I was prescribed Norethisterone to STOP my period during my holidays. Unbeknown to me, I was actually 3 weeks pregnant when I started taking it - after a negative pregnancy test).

drcrab Sun 02-Oct-11 20:47:36

I got pregnant after ttc for a year. First round of clomid! grin now have 2 kids.

Supposedly have 1 ovary so.... Good luck!

notcitrus Sun 02-Oct-11 20:57:19

4 years ago, 3 rounds of provera then clomid, then 3 rounds with metformin and clomid - sweet FA. Until 6 months later when my GP informed me I was 14 weeks pregnant after over 7 years of trying!

Two years after ds was born, did clomid and provera three times, then got metformin as well, and second cycle of that got pregnant (three weeks of ttc on alternate days with 10 days in the middle of that doing it daily...)

20 weeks today!
And an expert at the quickie... blush

lucytee Mon 03-Oct-11 02:15:57

thanks for the replys ! they are succes stories lol i am starting to feel a bit more positive now ty..wow drcrab you concived 1st round of clomid .. i hope i am as lucky .. xx

BlingLoving Mon 03-Oct-11 02:32:30

Trying for 18 months. Period came naturally then second dose of clomid and voila. A year later I am here MNing at 2:30 while waiting for ds to settle after we had to change him and bedding as screwing of major leaking! grin

Good luck. If it works, it often works quick!

BlingLoving Mon 03-Oct-11 02:33:20

Bleary iPhone typing at 2:30: as a result of him leaking....

mrsbell1982 Mon 03-Oct-11 10:32:09

Hiya,

I was perscribed Clomid for 6 months in 2010. I finished taking them in November and was told I had to wait another 6 months before getting another batch but I concieved in April 2011 and am now 26 weeks pregnant.
I know this isn't easy when it is all you want in the world but in the end I just relaxed and didn't think everytime we had sex that I wanted to concieve.
Good Luck Hunney - it WILL happen for you xx

lynlynnicebutdim Mon 03-Oct-11 12:21:57

my partner and i were trying for close to 5 years. We had 3 miscarriages in that time, never getting past the 12 week "safe zone". Recurrent miscarriage testing turned up that i had a clotting disorder and that i had a blocked tube (probably the result of an appendix operation when i was 10). I ended up going private for my care and Dr suggested we try Femara instead of Clomid (which i had used before with my GP to no avail). It works slightly differently and doesnt have the clomid side affects. It worked beautifully, and i was pregnant again within 2 months. Went straight on to blood thinners and the result is my very healthy and execptionally lovely 18 month old DD. Am now 6w pregnant with No2 using the same rationalle.

A few tips for maximising your chances with Clomid -
*get some sperm friendly cervical mucus replacement. It sounds gross but Clomid is an absolute bugger for not just making you dry but for drying up your cervical mucus which makes it almost impossible for the sperm to get past your cervix. We used Preseed which was very good. Make sure you apply it about 30 minutes before sex and apply it to your cervix using the applicator. Get it as high up there as you possibly can.

*Invest in a good block of chocolate cause CLomid will make you a bit crazy. I found myself acting like a petulant grumpy teenager for a few days each cycle. Chocolate might make you feel a bit better.

*if you are using ovulation predictor tests to time sex, it can be difficult to get good results with Clomid. If you are taking Clomid days 2-7 then you will most likely get a positive opk around Day 9-10. Dont beleive it, it is a false surge. THey are really common with Clomid. If you keep doing OPK's you will probably get a second positive later in your cycle. THis is most likley your true ovulation. The best thing you can do is just have sex every second day from about Day 10 onwards.

* be prepared for hot flushes. They are awful and you will feel like somebody suddenly lit a fire next to you but amazingly no one else generalyl ever noticies. I found that if i took my clomid right before bed i would get the hot flushes in the night and i generally slept through them. Certainly got a load less during the day than when i took it in the morning.

Hope that helps and that very soon you are holdign you very own take home baby.

lucytee Mon 03-Oct-11 18:21:03

wow thanks for the advice lynlynnicebutdim all very helpfull , i have heard clomid can dry up your mucus where will i get the friendly cervical mucus replacement you talked about ?? and thanks for the advice about the ovulation kits i dnt think i wikll waste my money on them as you said clomod and pcos can give false pos reading , i am planning to have sex every other day from about day 10 like u also mentioned . really hope it works for me 2 smile

also how long after you start taking the clomid do u start to get side effects?

mrsbell1972 thankyou for your kind words and advice and congratulations on your pregnancey hope everythink is gpoing well x

* blingloving* thanks for sharing it hepling me stay positive !! xx

eurochick Mon 03-Oct-11 18:46:02

i buy preseed on Amazon.

drcrab Mon 03-Oct-11 19:44:16

Yes! Forgot about pre seed. We used that too. And got them off some website.

lucytee Mon 03-Oct-11 19:51:00

thanks i will look for it, thanks smile did either of you have any side effects if so when did ther accur ? xx

Choufleur Mon 03-Oct-11 19:55:15

Success here - on 6th month.

Contrary to what others said I ovulated really early - around day 5. I was ill and can only have got pregnant when we had sex fairly early in cycle on days 5 and 7 as we didn't do it later.

Oh I was awfully grumpy taking it. Apparently I wasn't very nice to live with.

lucytee Mon 03-Oct-11 22:34:21

congrats choufleur grumpiness was worth it in the end then ! hehe

TAcrazy Tue 04-Oct-11 09:05:00

I got pregnant the 6th (and last) month of taking Clomid and am now 36+4!! Even though there was nothing wrong with my ovaries it was recommended just to see if it pushed things along. This was on 100mg and I ovulated quite early that month - on day 10. I had been trying for 1 and half years after a previous miscarriage. It can work for you but equally don't pin all your hopes on it, just try to relax.

The main side effect I had was constipation! blush

Good luck xxx

Acceptableintheeighties Tue 04-Oct-11 09:18:34

Conceived dd1 on first cycle of clomid.
I was thinking it probably wouldn't happen as quickly again, but did want more dc we started ttc'ing, I conceived on 2nd cycle of clomid when dd was 9 months. It was twins!

From going from thinking I might not have dc to having 3 under 18 months was a shock but nearly 2yrs on, I can't believe how lucky we are and am very grateful to my gp and consultant.

Good luck, hope it works for you too!

stegasaurus Tue 04-Oct-11 16:48:48

I could have written this post about a year and a half ago. I conceived on the second cycle and 5m old DD is sat on my knee watching me type this!

stegasaurus Tue 04-Oct-11 16:49:49

I tried to say good luck but for some reason the computer wouldn't let me type anything else in that box. Good luck!

lucytee Wed 05-Oct-11 23:25:09

Acceptableintheeighties sounds like clomid works really well for you.. congratulations on ure little family ! smile x

stegasaurus thanks that fillls me with hope smile ive convinced myself it never happen lol x

TAcrazy thankyou.i will ( try) and relax ! congrats on ure pregnancy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now