Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sorry, another worried post....

(13 Posts)
winterland Sun 02-Oct-11 19:11:21

Not hugely dramatic but I am a bit concerned. It's my 3rd Preg and I am 17.3 weeks. Everyone keeps asking me if I have felt any movements yet, but I haven't! In fact mist of them are looking at me and wondering whether I am pregnant at all. - because I have absolutely no bump, nothing, just a flat tum. I feel thicker myself but it's clearly not noticeable to anyone else. I am not particularly skinny or fat either ( 5.4 size 8/10) so can't really put it down to body shape.

I have been experiencing quite a bit of muscular (ligament??) pain in the evenings too, and bloody sharp pains when I sneeze...

What's going on? Anyone else been in a similar situation?...

feekerry Sun 02-Oct-11 19:42:58

hi,

totally the same for me. i'm nearly 16 weeks and have no bump what so ever. sometimes feel the odd popping sensation but its my first so i dont know what i'm looking for! you wouldn't know i'm pregnant!
dont worry, nobody i know had a bump or anything till gone 19 weeks.x

lollystix Sun 02-Oct-11 19:50:42

I didn't even know pregs with ds4 till 15 weeks. Bump appeared from nowhere about 17 weeks. Front placenta too (my first) which has made a big difference to the movements I felt at that stage.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sun 02-Oct-11 19:56:32

Absolutely, am almost 16 weeks with my third and have lost all symptoms. Can feel some wiggling which is reassuring, but have lost any bump I did have (guess it was just bloat after all blush) and it is all feeling very unreal atm. I'm going to call the midwife tomorrow to see if she can pop by quickly with a doppler for reassurance. To me i do feel my waist is bigger, but I saw 2 close friends yesterday who would have said something if they suspected (not told many people yet) and they were none the wiser.

Oeisha Sun 02-Oct-11 20:15:56

winterland Pains are probably ligaments stretching. Mine were worse when I sneezed (now I just have the paranoia of wetting myself every time I sneeze).
The lack of feeling movement's not unusual. There's a chance you have an anterior placenta too, muffling any of the usual movement until baby starts to outgrow the placenta. With an anterior placenta it's not unusual to feel nothing until on well in to the 20wks...
Re: the pains, as long as they're not 'period cramping' type pains (report them to MW if they are, still probably just 'growing pains', but worht reporting), if they're fairly constant, it could be early signs of PGP/SPD (pelvic girdle pain), so look out for it, rest, avoid twisting rotations [especially when lifting] and most importantly, tell your MW when your see him/her.

feekerry Thanks to IBS I knew felt stuff fairly early as I KNEW it wasn't my bowl (despite anterior placenta), as I was so used to what that felt like. Most of the early stuff was definite hoovings fairly low down. Didn't feel like the 'bubbles or flutters' people kept describing to me but it DID feel like bubblegum bursting at points too. Don't know if that fits for you...

My only other advice is, if it's stressing you at all, ring your MW and get them to doppler you.

winterland Sun 02-Oct-11 20:30:40

Thank you ladies, I guess I just thought by the 3rd Preg I might show a bit more. I suppose I should be thankful I am not huge yet. The pains do stress me, (along with my odds for downs but that's a whole other thread!)

This pregnancy just feels sooo different to the other two...

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sun 02-Oct-11 20:32:29

winterland, I know I'm more conscious this time to be careful not to put on masses of weight as it was a pain to lose both times before. Maybe you're the same. I was in maternity clothes by 8 weeks with number 2, this time I'm 16 weeks and still able to do up my jeans. And it's definately not my stomach muscles, they're shot to hell wink Call your midwife tomorrow and get some reassurance.

winterland Sun 02-Oct-11 20:39:18

Very true. I am so stressed about weight gain. I was bloody massive with number one ( eating for about 4!) I am determined to not get that way again. Have been trying and failing generally to follow a low carb plan and I do do 30/40 mins exercise 5 times a week. The ligament pain does feel worse after running so maybe by muscles are weaker? Or something. Absolutely love the user name btw.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sun 02-Oct-11 20:42:27

Ah I need to change it, it's a name change in response to finding out about the pregnancy blush Couldn't be happier about it now! My first 2, I put on more than 4 stoen with each. I did get it off each time but I know that being so overweight afterwards contributed to my PND so I'm determined to try and minimise the damage this time. I knwo at 16 weeks I'd outgrown my clothes both previous times, and I don't just mean in the tummy blush. I couldn't get my legs in my trousers. So I think I was expecting to get bigger sooner, when really last time it ws just lard. It was reassuring lard though grin

staylucky Mon 03-Oct-11 00:02:55

#3 here and only just started feeling movements this week-18 weeks. Wish I could say the same as you about weight, have followed my usual eating for England sod the consequences route! I've noticed I've just not been that
excited this time around. Threw emmas diary in the bin with a pah!!

icravecheese Mon 03-Oct-11 11:06:02

you sound exactly like I was at 17wks pregnant with my 3rd (currently 38wks, c-section this fri - yay!).

I didnt feel any movement whatsoever until about 23wks, I began to worry from around 17wks, because people kept saying 'ooh its your 3rd, bet you've been feeling movement for ages'. errr, nope! At my 20wk scan, all was fine & baby was apparently jumping around inside - couldnt feel a thing.

Turns out I have an anterior placenta this time, which i've never had before. Certainly masked movements massively for me til 23wks, when I started to feel them. BUt thru this whole pregnancy have not felt the mighty kicks & punches I felt with 1st 2 pregs due to positioning of the placenta.

RE: ligament pain etc - I sneeze ALOT (hayfever all yr round type symptoms unless I remember to use nasal spray) & I've had lots of ligament pain this whole preg, particularly when sneezing! As one midwife said - I've already carried 2 babies before, so this time everything is just a little bit more 'knackered'!! When I turn over in bed at night I sometimes get terrible ligament pain low down that really takes my breath away it hurts so much.

I defo think my body is made for carrying 3 babies max... no more after this one I dont think!!

WeLoveHaribo Mon 03-Oct-11 11:12:29

Im 22week with No2 have no movement as tet and an anterior placenta too. Im size 10, 5'7 with a teeny tiny bump starting to form smile
And i eat lots !!!!

winterland Tue 04-Oct-11 18:02:35

Anterior placenta it is then! hopefully. Scan on the 12th so find out then..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now