Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain!

(17 Posts)
featherbag Sun 02-Oct-11 08:53:54

Hi all, I'm after some advice although I suspect I already know the answers I'm going to get...

I'm 32 weeks today with my 1st baby. I've had various complications during the pregnancy, including ongoing abdominal and pelvic pain from previous surgery, an episode of hypertension lasting a few weeks, and gestational diabetes diagnosed at 28 weeks, for which I'm on Metformin.

It's been really hot here (as I'm sure it has been in the rest of the country) for the last few days. On Friday my feet and hands swelled so much I've not been able to get shoes or my wedding ring on. The only thing that reduces the swelling is lying down. Yesterday I had a splitting headache from an hour after getting up to about 8pm, none so far today. Last night I started getting sharp pains in the bottom of my bump, coming and going but with no real regularity. They stopped and I went to bed. 3 times during the night I woke feeling like I was weeing, on one occasion there was clear fluid coming away (sorry if TMI). I take a medication at night to reduce the amount of urine my body produces because of past bladder problems, which usually means when I do need to go during the night the urine is concentrated. This morning I woke at 5 with lower abdo pain. It seems to get really bad, then ease off, really bad, then ease off. I've gotten up to see if changing position helps, but nothing's helping, the pain is now hitting me every 6 minutes. My bump doesn't seem to get hard or anything (well, no harder than it was, I have a bicornuate uterus so baby's all over to one side).

I need to phone the hospital, don't I? sigh

ArmageddonOuttahere Sun 02-Oct-11 08:57:09

Yes please phone your out of hours MW. They'll want to rule out pre-eclampsia.

mumt1 Sun 02-Oct-11 09:06:40

I personally think you could do with a check up from hospital. 32 weeks is early, if ur going into labour they can try and delay it, and give u something that develops ur babies lungs quickly, but it has to be caught early. So plz get checked to be safe x

Truffleshuffler Sun 02-Oct-11 09:09:19

Yes, phone your midwife.

featherbag Sun 02-Oct-11 09:10:26

I called the hospital as soon as I'd finished typing, reading it written down made me realise I was being stupid. I'm to have a warm bath and ring them in an hour if the pain hasn't stopped, and go in for assessment. Will update later.

featherbag Sun 02-Oct-11 17:10:34

Baby Samuel was born at 15.58 weighing 5lb 3oz, we're doing good!

Pastabee Sun 02-Oct-11 17:16:33

Congratulations featherbag. I wasn't expecting this post to end with a baby!!

mumblejumble Sun 02-Oct-11 17:18:11

Oooh, congratulations! That is a good weight. I hope you and Samuel are well
smile

belcantwait Sun 02-Oct-11 17:19:17

Ohmy goodness me neither! Congratulations smile and a great weight for soearly xx

dreamfeeder Sun 02-Oct-11 17:22:31

oh, how wonderful, well done you and glad you're both doing ok!

pep124 Sun 02-Oct-11 18:06:03

Oh many, many congratulations!x

ArmageddonOuttahere Sun 02-Oct-11 18:12:03

goodness me, congratulations! grin

sleepevader Sun 02-Oct-11 22:47:33

Wow wasnt expecting that! Well done. Lovely name too! X

mumt1 Mon 03-Oct-11 08:35:54

Congratulations!enjoy your little bundle of joy!! They don't stay little for long! :D well done xx

Truffleshuffler Mon 03-Oct-11 09:50:44

Congratulations!

Oeisha Mon 03-Oct-11 10:58:53

Oh congrats featherbag! thanks
Welcome to the world Samual! bear

WeLoveHaribo Mon 03-Oct-11 11:02:50

Awww congratulations wine
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now