Talk

Advanced search

braxton hicks, 2nd baby

(8 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Sat 01-Oct-11 23:00:49

Didn't get BH til around due date with ds, now 32 weeks and have had them every 3-5mins all day today, tailed off a few hours ago. I know its not a sign of impending labour but just remind and reassure me its normal at this stage!

justabigdisco Sat 01-Oct-11 23:19:27

I've been having them since about 20 weeks (am now 28)! smile

dribbleface Sun 02-Oct-11 07:32:08

had them since 27 weeks. went in for monitoring when they got too frequent though. 39+5 today and had some strong one's last night. have a feeling I'll be so laid back this time thinking their BH that I'll have baby on the Loo! might be worth a check up. the other thing a fellow mumsnetter suggested was upping my fluids as dehydration makes them worse, worked a treat!

BikeRunSki Sun 02-Oct-11 07:43:02

I goodness, I was about to come along and post something similar to OP. I swear I had no BH with DC1, but had the all day yesterday - crampy backache too - and last night. Hardly slept. DH went out (mountain biking, not work) at 5.30am and woke DS up. Exhuasted and grumpy today.

BikeRunSki Sun 02-Oct-11 07:43:20

Oh, 36+6 btw

sleepevader Sun 02-Oct-11 09:00:21

Bikerunski- think we are due similar time. Been feeling the same for 3 days now. Plus period type pains. Annoying!

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Mon 03-Oct-11 17:51:51

Upping fluid intake makes sense, drank much more water yesterday and barely had any, thanks for reassurance!

feelingratheroverwhelmed Mon 03-Oct-11 18:07:03

had this is my thread

I had no BH with DS, but thought I was actually in labour last week so ended up on the ward. I'm still getting them regularly now (am 37+1) and they are driving me mad, no sleep, convinced I',m going to give birth any minute!

I was talking to a friend earlier who had them regularly from about 30 weeks with her first, so I don't think it's uncommon. TBH I was surprised not to have them the first time round. If they get really uncomfortable I'd get them checked out, though, just to reassure yourself (but then I am a huge paranoid worrier!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now