Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out I'm pregnant with number 3!

(8 Posts)
mosaica Sat 01-Oct-11 21:54:15

I had fertility problems in the past and struggled to conceived my two dc. Now, after dh and I decided two were enough, I get pregnant accidentally with number 3. Can you believe it!

Anyway, we are actually very pleased and can't believe our luck, particularly when we once thought we'd never have children. But part of me really worries that a third child will tip things over; it can be extremely hard work with just the two of them. Any tips from those of you with three or more children? I worry I'll be constantly exhausted and the house will be a tip and all that.

chocolatespiders Sat 01-Oct-11 21:59:19

CONGRATULATIONS... what lovely news

I don't have 3 children I have 2, but my house kind of represents a small tip, but I would rather that then spending all my time when I am not working cleaning and tidying, I want to spend my time with my children. I figure that when they have left home sad that will be my time to have a tidy but boring house..

Enjoy your pregnancy smile

Pinner35 Sat 01-Oct-11 22:02:48

Congratulations!! Everything chocolatespiders said is right....enjoy your pregnancy and children smile

icravecheese Sat 01-Oct-11 22:17:55

I'm due no.3 on friday,& I just can't wait! What age gaps do you have between children? DS1 has just started school, DD is 2.5 yrs old, so it feels great timing to be having our 3rd.I accept house will be messy& life chaotic for a while, but they grow up so quickly I can happily live with that.

Big congrats on your expanding family, it'll be great fun I'm sure!!

mosaica Sat 01-Oct-11 22:30:42

Hi,

My DS will turn 4 next week, my DD is 14 months old and I'm due at the end of May. I am a bit worried about the potential chaos we could easily descend into. But more than that, I'm worried about getting frustrated with the children, about their screaming and about getting angry with them... in short, about changing from a reasonably easy going family to a stressed and unhappy one.

One of my colleagues, who is a mother earth type, once told me her third child is a bit difficult and has transformed the family dynamics for the worse. She feels she misses her other two children, in the sense her little one is so demanding she simply can't spend enough time with them. She told me this before I got pregnant and it really made me think, particularly as she was so much into children and being a mum before. What do you think?

ChippingIn Sat 01-Oct-11 22:37:18

I think people like that shouldn't be allowed to speak to others grin

Her life/situation/patience level/children/DH are not you/yours. Embrace & enjoy them/their mess/their chaos - you are lucky to be blessed with 3. Just ENJOY them. The house will be there to tidy when they've left home!

notlettingthefearshow Sat 01-Oct-11 23:10:00

Congrats, OP! You must be thrilled. You have an exciting time ahead! xxx

reddaisy Sat 01-Oct-11 23:16:52

Congratulations! How exciting. DS is just four days old and already I'm wondering whether we could afford/manage a third.

I am one of three and I think it is a lovely number of children although my mum always wished she had had 4! Enjoy your pregnancy, you will manage because you have to and how much more mess could one little person make??! grin

PS. I hate being pregnant and like I said DS is only four days old but I am a bit jealous!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now