Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stabbing pain in lower abdomen 40wk+1

(8 Posts)
babloogirl Sat 01-Oct-11 19:20:28

I have been having stabbing pain in the lower part of my bump for the past 3hrs if not more, it is going and coming and quite painful,

I am 40weeks+1, any idea what it could be?

Thanks

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 01-Oct-11 19:29:52

Contractions? grin

babloogirl Sat 01-Oct-11 19:31:51

Not sure...because I have always been told they feel like period pains but this is definitely not period pains...

I wish it is the start of the labour though grin

BuckminsterFullerene Sat 01-Oct-11 19:36:28

That's what I felt from 3pm at 40+3.

By 4am I had a baby!

Ring you mw if you're worried.

Good luck!

Staverton Sat 01-Oct-11 19:39:47

Yep. Mine felt like stabbing pains as well. Def much worse and quite different to period pains. Does your bump go hard when you get them?

babloogirl Sat 01-Oct-11 19:44:06

That's nice to know that it could be contractions...will check next time one comes and see if bump goes hard!

I am getting excited now but don't want to get over excited in case I have another 2 weeks wait!

Were your stabbing pains on one side or more central/both side? as so far I can only feel them on my left side.

serendipity16 Sun 02-Oct-11 11:00:03

Just wondering how you are this morning?

babloogirl Sun 02-Oct-11 11:40:10

I am still here, I went for a nap last night and when I woke up I was fine and no more pain!!!

So still waiting and we are off for a walk now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now