Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overdue twice before, is it likely to happen this time too?

(5 Posts)
fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sat 01-Oct-11 17:56:40

Dp has realised he's going to be abroad when I'm about 36 weeks pregnant, for a week. I said not to worry, I'll be at least a week over, but now I'm worrying. I think I have been overdue both times (more than 10 days over) because both were back to back and so not putting pressure in the right place iyswim. So if this one decides to go back to back I'll assume I'll be late, but if it behaves and puts itself in a good position, am I just as likely to go overdue? I've realised that I am completely taking it for granted that I'll be overdue, when it might not be the case at all confused

phlossie Sat 01-Oct-11 19:14:32

I'm thinking it's fairly likely... I'd like to know though because I'm in the same boat as you. DS was 15 days overdue, DD 11 days overdue and I'm fully expecting DC3 to be over too. Saying that, other factors - UTIs for example - can make you go into labour early, so it's no exact science. Best to have a back up plan!

brianmayshair Sat 01-Oct-11 19:25:34

I'm hoping so because there is no way i'm ready to have this baby early, 14 days over with my other 2 and so that's what i'm expecting.

brianmayshair Sat 01-Oct-11 19:27:15

ps was fully engaged in perfect position from 36 weeks with dd didn't engage and was back to back with ds still no movement i don't think position matters.

Northernlurker Sat 01-Oct-11 19:28:27

Mine were in good positions and were 40+14 (induced), 40+7 and 40+7. I think everybody has their own cooking time and if you usually go late you'll be ok at 36-37 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now