Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clexane injection pre-ELCS

(6 Posts)
iWILLdothis Sat 01-Oct-11 10:41:15

Just wondering whereabouts in the body they administer the clexane injection at the pre-op ELCS ward visit? I just googled it and closed the search immediately because a youtube viddeo of an injection into the stomach came up....agh! Surely not directly into bump when you're pregnant?? shock Wouldn't mind thigh/bum/arm too much....but please don't tell me it's straight into the bump? sad

<<Freaks out, sticking fingers in ears as doesn't really want to know the answer....la la la la la la.....>>

kat2504 Sat 01-Oct-11 10:45:42

I am injecting clexane into my stomach but I don't have a bump yet and I have plenty of fatty tissue on my stomach! it has to go into a nice fold of fat so thigh is also a good option. It doesn't really hurt that much, it is a tiny little injection and only goes just under the skin.

Chynah Sat 01-Oct-11 10:55:27

I didn't have an injection of clexane before either of my ELCS. Had one daily afterwards for the couple of days I was in hospital and that was into tummy.

lockets Sat 01-Oct-11 11:06:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iWILLdothis Sat 01-Oct-11 11:15:38

PHEW! <Breathes sigh of relief, removes fingers from ears>
No problem finding plenty of fat on my thighs!

dottynosleep Sat 01-Oct-11 16:15:24

I have clexane injections all the way through pregnancy & always do them in my tummy because it is less painful but you can also do them in your arm or thigh (needs to be into fatty tissue & somewhere that won't get rubbed, so not into your bum).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now