Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint BFPs??

(8 Posts)
Dalrymps Sat 01-Oct-11 09:27:05

I got a BFP 2 days before my period was due. It was very faint and came up at about 7 mins ( the test said to read within 5 but not after 10 mins). I have loads of cheapo tests so I've been doing one each morning to see if the result got darker.

The results have got slightly darker and are now coming up within the 5 minutes. They're not loads darker however, dark enough to see from a distance and definately pink but still quite faint compared to the control line.

My period is now 3 days late. I am sure that I am pregnant, it's just I'm worrying it might not be progressing as it should with the line taking so long to get darkerconfused

This is my 3rd btw, with the 1st I tested when period was 5 days late and got a strong line straight away. With my 2nd it was more like this but after several days the line got quite a bit darker (can't remember exactly how many days now)

Anyone had this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

CollieandPup Sat 01-Oct-11 09:39:40

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like you are updiffed to me!!! grin I have long cycle and so a longer than average luteal phase, so my bfp came before my period was due...but only by a day or so. About 14dpo. And it was the faintest of faintest lines. Barely there-seriously needed to squint to see it! Stayed that way for a good 4 or 5 days until they were clear lines.

You've had 3 positive tests all getting darker and quicker so it's heading in the right direction. No question IMO!,

Ps, I'm now 33wks!! x

kat2504 Sat 01-Oct-11 09:53:56

A line is a line so Congratulations smile smile smile You are pregnant!

When i was in the first week of doing tests (10-18dpo) I didn't get a line that was dark like the control but it did get darker as the week went on. If you are not feeling happy with the cheapo lines crack out the big guns with a clearblue digital or a First response.

Dalrymps Sat 01-Oct-11 10:04:19

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I can't really afford a CB or FR at the mo.. I do have a Tesco one that I'm saving for next wed when I'll be a week late.

Yeah, the lines are definitely coming up slightly quicker but they are only getting ever so slightly darker each time..

Damn it, I just want a bit fat pink line to reassure me!

Oeisha Sat 01-Oct-11 10:05:37

Yup, 3 times, sounds like your pg to me. Congrats! The intensity of the line will probably have more to do with the amount of fluids you drank the night before/during the night than the volume of hormones. My BFP at 3 days after period was due was still fairly feint, but still a 'thick' line.

Control lines have always looked darker to me...I used to test regularly (every 3 mths) as I was on period-stopping hormones for years..and is only an indication that the test hasn't failed (as it happens every time it's unlikely to be related to the same hormones).

Dalrymps Sat 01-Oct-11 10:07:34

Well I've done more than 3 tests, probably about 6 by nowblush They all had 2 lines thoughsmile

kat2504 Sat 01-Oct-11 10:12:57

Right then, I think you may, just possibly, be a little bit up the duff?
Seriously, those cheap tests take ages to get a convincing line. I was 5 weeks by the time I got a super dark one.
Step away from the sticks for a while and go and celebrate your good news!!

Dalrymps Sat 01-Oct-11 10:41:42

Lolgrin ok I will try to resist the sticks. Thankssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now