Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks tomorrow and feeling like the baby is imminent

(12 Posts)
LittlePebble Sat 01-Oct-11 08:22:19

I'm 38+6 today with my first baby and for the last couple of days have felt that the baby is about to come. I don't know why I've had no show, have had braxton hicks, back ache and period pains but I know all of these can go on for weeks. I also know most first babies are late, so am wondering whether everyone feels like this when the time gets close?

GiganticusBottomus Sat 01-Oct-11 08:28:19

My body knew, it tried to tell me but I just wouldn't listen! I didn't have any pains but...
During the night before my waters broke I woke up and was in floods of tears about a trip we were planning to make the following week (I was 37 weeks) saying I didn't want to go. That morning when dh was leaving for work I cried again saying I didn't want him to go to work (i wasn't usually at crier at all). 11am my waters broke grin

Good luck! Hope everything is starting smile

icravecheese Sat 01-Oct-11 11:58:43

Both my babies so far have been bang on due date, so don't think you're destined to be late!!

Another symptom I always get just before labour kicks off is an upset tummy / more frequent & runny bowel movements. No idea why - perhaps hormonal, perhaps due to baby pressing down in that general area.

Good luck if anything happens over the weekend!

LittlePebble Sat 01-Oct-11 18:28:00

Nothing yet but did have upset tummy this morning and am still getting tightenings and cramps. Ever hopeful maybe I'm just wishful thinking but keeping fingers crossed!

Pastabee Sat 01-Oct-11 18:41:59

Hope this is it and all goes well littlepebble. I think we are trained to think all first babies are late and not get our hopes up but loads of babies are early too!

GiganticusBottomus Sun 02-Oct-11 08:55:18

How's it going LittlePebble? All the signs are good!

LittlePebble Sun 02-Oct-11 09:43:05

Everything has stopped sad

Had back pain and cramping last night then it all petered out just before bed and nothing this morning. Do you think it's just more braxton hicks or practising?

GiganticusBottomus Sun 02-Oct-11 10:37:27

Oh I don't know! My waters broke (more trickling than gush) at 11 am then nothing happened until the middle of the night when I was contracting then it all stopped again by the morning. Luckily I was booked in to be induced then (because of waters going). I was 2-3 cm though when I went in so even though everything had stopped I had made a bit of progress which meant I avoided the pessary bit of induction and went straight to the drip.

So basically, you may have made a bit of progress even if everything has stopped now. My advice would be go out for a walk (if you feel up to it) twiddle your nipples (yes, literally) and basically keep moving, hopefully everything will start up again.

Good luck and keep us updated when you can smile
<supportive punch on the arm because at this stage in the proceedings I didn't want to be hugged grin>

TryLikingClarity Sun 02-Oct-11 15:52:27

Oh LittlePebble, sounds exciting!

My first baby came a week early and my symptoms were similar to yours smile

Let us know how you are getting on, you're making me broody!!

feelingratheroverwhelmed Sun 02-Oct-11 22:18:03

With my first I just had a feeling I was going to be early. From what I remember I had one period-type pain about an hour after I went to bed that made me think "ooh, I wonder if i'll have another of those soon", and then my waters went! I was 37+3.

This time, I've been in hospital with "false labour" (had a whole night of contraction-type pain that then petered off last week) and am still getting regular-ish pains that I think are just Braxton Hicks. (I've got a thread going about it!) I'm 37 weeks today.

Your symptoms do sound promising. Although it is pretty common for first babies to be late, there are a lot that are early too, so I'll keeo my fingers crossed for you smile

LittlePebble Mon 03-Oct-11 07:17:30

Still nothing at all, maybe it was just wishful thinking sad

Giganticus went for walk yesterday and twiddled nipples but only made SPD worse didn't affect anything. I guess I'll just have to settle back and wait!

39+1 today (impatient emoticon)

SavannahRose Mon 03-Oct-11 08:30:00

Hey littlepebble

I had my baby at 35+2 was watching corrie when I my waters broke and contractions started! Try Corrie tonight!
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now