Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen feet and hands at 35 weeks

(12 Posts)
steph01 Fri 30-Sep-11 18:31:14

started to get swollen toes very sore feet and swollen fingers. any ideas of how to help it!!!

AKMD Fri 30-Sep-11 18:34:15

Lots of people on here are saying the same thing this week, mostly because it is just so hot. However, it's also a sign of pre-eclampsia and you should take it seriously so call your MW and if she can't see you this evening or tomorrow morning, go down to your local pharmacy and get your blood pressure checked.

DamselWithADulcimer Fri 30-Sep-11 18:42:49

My legs, feet and hands were horribly swollen at 35 weeks with all of mine. There was nothing sinister about it, other than that it was like having my Gran's legs. I couldn't even get my shoes on. I was supposed to sleep with my feet higher than my knees, but as I had such bad heartburn, I was supposed to be sitting up too. Imagine that one.

They stayed swollen until I gave birth, then took a couple of weeks to return to normal (I am a seven stone skinny person)>

Jules125 Fri 30-Sep-11 18:49:19

Another vote for getting it checked out by a midwife - with pre-eclampsia its swelling around the face that is considered really severe, but swelling any where can be an indicator.

Don't want to worry you unecessarily thouh - swelling is common in many pregnancies and can be totally normal.

featherbag Fri 30-Sep-11 18:54:21

My feet and hands today make me resemble the elephant woman - went into town today to but a gorgeous pair of ankle boots I've had my eye on, had to leave them as couldn't get my feet into even the next size up to try them on! Luckily I can check my own BP, and when I got a sudden bad headache that's the first thing I did. It's normal, so just going to sit with my feet up and plenty of cool drinks this evening!

featherbag Fri 30-Sep-11 18:54:38

*to buy

mumblejumble Fri 30-Sep-11 19:26:59

I am also swollen up at 35 weeks, the heat is getting to me.
I have had my feet in a bowl of cold water this afternoon, absolute bliss!

Fluter Sat 01-Oct-11 14:46:35

Elephant legs here too... hands not quite so bad, but still puffy.

Am walking about barefoot most of the time. Only time shoes get squeezed on is going out the front door onto the road - and that's because we live next to a dairy farm, so the road has an extra layer of organic surfacing, if you get what I mean grin

MW said yesterday it was the weather.

Second the difficulty of raising legs at the same time as not lying on your back at 36 weeks... roll on the back to normal temperatures, or DT's spontaneous arrival... anytime now is fine by me, you two.....

minicc Sat 01-Oct-11 15:57:36

Same! Think its a combination of hot weather and general pregnancy joy. Padding around in bare feet and birkenstocks (and galaxy chocolate!) is the only remedy!

spazza1 Sat 01-Oct-11 18:08:41

sausage toes here too!

steph01 Sat 01-Oct-11 20:41:51

what shoe shop can i get birkenstoks from?

minicc Sun 02-Oct-11 11:42:12

Office sell them and so do schuh. Amazon have a massive selection too and they're probably a bit cheaper now as the summer is (almost) over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now