Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just saying hello! Newbie due 22/12 and looking for a buddy...

(7 Posts)
Jennifaerie Fri 30-Sep-11 08:48:57

grin

Hi!

I'm Jennie, I'm 24 and currently 28 weeks pregnant with my first bub. I'm due on 22 December and expecting a little girl.

Just thought I would introduce myself before diving in smile

I suffer from SPD and am hoping for a natural waterbirth in the hospital if I can. I'm also hoping to breastfeed.

It took us 10 months to conceive and I've been with DH for 7 years, married for 18 months.

Any questions then just ask...

Xiaoxiong Fri 30-Sep-11 09:08:10

Hi Jenni! Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome! I'm 31 weeks, due 3 December. Was planning on a natural hospital waterbirth until the local birth centre closed down on Monday sad...so we're gathering our courage and going for a home waterbirth. I have some SPD too, it's a bugger isn't it!

Please do feel free to add yourself to the Dec 2011 stats thread and come over and join us for a natter on the Dec 2011 antenatal thread, we're very friendly (and quite nerdy!!) smile

Jennifaerie Fri 30-Sep-11 09:15:59

Ah, I'm half an hour from my hospital so it's a little far to dash if I did it at home and needed help so I'm off to the main hospital. I've joined both threads now, thanks for the recommendation.

I'm currently on crutches and having acupuncture for SPD but nothings seems to make much of a difference to be honest, though my birthing ball is my best friend :grin: Nerdy is good - DH and I are a little on the geeky side ourselves smile

harassedandherbug Fri 30-Sep-11 09:51:33

Hi, I'm also due on 22nd Dec but with number 4!

We could be birthing twins actually, I'm also on crutches for spd grin. Is the acupuncture really not helping??? That was my next thing to try. The consultant recommended it earlier in the week........

Jennifaerie Fri 30-Sep-11 09:54:59

She was doing it into the ligaments at the side until this week, and that didn't seem to help as she thinks it was irritating it. She changed it to the top and bottom of my pelvic bone this week and it's a bit better than it has been. It's worth a try, apparently it can work really well for a lot of people. It can take 3 treatments for the results to really show though smile yay a due date buddy, other than the SPD how are you feeling? I have feet in my ribs smile

harassedandherbug Fri 30-Sep-11 10:48:59

Apart from my pelvis I feel fine. Huge but fine!! Not particularly enjoying this heat though which is most unlike me. Doc signed me off work for 2 weeks as I was struggling with my spd, so I'm really glad not to be working when it's so hot.

How are you feeling?

Jennifaerie Fri 30-Sep-11 12:53:18

Hot lol! I've been pottering around organising for my baby shower today so really am getting too warm. I also want to do a semi permanent hair dye and do my eyebrows but that's all I have to get done - not too bad!
I just can't get to work, it's a 30 mile commute with a 2 mile walk as well as train and bus - was never going to happen once my pelvis went a bit iffy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now