Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore muscles & a sleepy head?!

(6 Posts)
justhayley Thu 29-Sep-11 20:58:35

Hiya I'm 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and pretty much all my muscles are aching! I feel like Iv done a boot camp workout, it's mainly my legs but all over aches really. This started about two weeks ago, I stopped doing my Zumba workouts and the only real exercise I'm doing is walking - probably 45 mins - an hours worth every day, don't think I'm over doing it. Is this normal?

Also around 5/6 weeks i was exhausted which is obviously to be expected. This stopped for 4/5 weeks and now it's back with evendunce! it hits about 1/2pm and that's me done I can't do anything unless I have a good 2 hour power nap. I'm lucky I work from 8-1.30 then 4-8.30 so I can fit my naps in, but is it usual for tiredness to come and go throughout pregnancy?

Thanks
Hayley xxx

cravingcake Fri 30-Sep-11 08:18:24

Sounds fairly normal in my experience, is your walking at a good pace or a dawdle? If you were doing zumba then you are probably reasonbly fit & being sore is your body's way of letting you know things are changing. Tiredness is very normal & i found some days a lot worse than others.

stripeybump Fri 30-Sep-11 08:22:02

Total exhaustion = absolutely normal ime! I'm 28 weeks and went to bed at 8pm last night, aching all over. It has come and gone throughout pregnancy though - weeks 19-26 were fine. Zumba is too high-impact during pregnancy anyway, walking is fine.

pep124 Fri 30-Sep-11 09:40:19

Hi Hayley,
I'm ten ahd a half weeks too, and used to cycle about 75-100 miles a week commuting to work. Have now stopped that in case I fall off (am very clumsy) and now only walk for about 20-30 mins a day and do the occasional swim. I too am soooo tired. It was bad about 4-6 weeks but then I felt better, and not that tired at all, but in the last week or so feel totally whacked again. So don't know if it's normal, but by the sound of it, you and I are in exactly the same boat, so sounds normal to me...
Kate
xx

spookshowangellovesit Fri 30-Sep-11 14:14:06

i am 20 weeks and i am the same achey and tired i went camping at the weekend and paying for it now so all normal.

justhayley Fri 30-Sep-11 14:29:05

hiya thank you for all your responses. Im guessing im normal then lol its strange even my wrists are aching not that iv ever done the marathon but if i did this is how id expect to feel afterwards!
Frustrating as I moved house 3 weeks ago and cant get it together to unpack and get organised, hope it wears off soon, dont really want my baby to be welcomed home to a house full of boxes! Plus my Partner is at Sandhurst and is due home in 2 weeks for 4 days - would be nice if he could come home to half a normal house!

Oh well guess theres not much i can do about it lol
Im off for an hours sleep now before returning to work at 4.

Night night lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now