Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nuchal scan - did your baby cooperate?

(6 Posts)
TooImmature2BDumbledore Thu 29-Sep-11 20:31:58

Mine didn't! It wriggled and rolled over and hopped about. The letter said the appt would take roughly 15 minutes and it took an hour and a half before they could get the right measurements. The sonographer said all her babies were doing that today.

So, did yours refuse to lie still or did it dance about? I'm wondering how the hospitals are going to cope with the increased time to do a booking scan.

Oeisha Thu 29-Sep-11 21:11:17

My LO was breakdancing a lot. Took us a good 40mins to get everything done. I'd ba amazed if the 15mins was met with anyone. My letter said it could take anything up to an hour, and that we may be asked to come back an hour later after a walk etc...

Crosshair Thu 29-Sep-11 21:14:42

Mine took about 40 mins as well, lots of dancing. Got sent for a wee and that sorted him out. smile

BedHog Thu 29-Sep-11 21:15:24

This baby was in perfect position as soon as they started scanning. Took the nuchal measurement within about 30 seconds!

DS, however, was in such an awkward position that despite pacing around the hospital for half an hour trying to get him to move, we still had to come back a few days later.

HardCheese Thu 29-Sep-11 21:42:23

Mine was completely uncooperative (well, it is the child of two stubborn people!) I had to do a lot of coughing, walking around, jumping up and down and trips to the loo to persuade it to be helpful.

pruney1977 Thu 29-Sep-11 23:17:49

Mine was dancing like a good un. Sent off for a wee and still couldn't do it when we got back. Was advised to ask the midwife about having the blood test but we decided as it didn't make a difference to us if the baby was high risk for downs or not (as in we wouldn't have an amnio or any other invasive test that would risk miscarriage), we didn't bother with the blood test either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now