Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can I take Cyclizine and Metroclopramide together, or is it one or the other?

(5 Posts)
BeattieBow Thu 29-Sep-11 19:58:10

I have recently been given some cyclizine for severe morning sickness and it is a lifesaver. However, it doesn't work for very long and I can't cover the whole day with the dosage of 3 tablets a day. I also have some metroclopramide which works but to a lesser degree. My doctor (who is extremely cautious and I had to beg for the cyclizine) said NOT to take both of them, but I thought I had seen lots of other people on here who did take both.

Please can you share your experiences?

Thanks!

wobblypig Thu 29-Sep-11 23:36:01

They work differently - typically choose one or the other. How old are you may I ask ? If you are under 25-27 I would stick to the cyclizine.

BeattieBow Fri 30-Sep-11 07:10:44

i'm old Wobblypig - 41 shock

feekerry Fri 30-Sep-11 08:25:02

Hi. Slightly different but I take cyclizine and ondanestron together twice a day and have done since six weeks. Now 16 weeks. I have hyperemesis. The cyclizine alone isn't enough. Mine were originally prescribed by hospital and they honestly didn't bat an eyelid about taking both together and since my doctor hasn't had any issue putting both me repeat prescription. Hope you get it sorted but push for what you want. Have you tried ondanestron?

wobblypig Sat 01-Oct-11 20:58:08

I would give acupuncture a go -really worked for me I was soooooo sick I was actually banging my head against my desk at work

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: