Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Midwife nearly dropped me in it!!

(10 Posts)
MillyStar Thu 29-Sep-11 14:21:20

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow (i THINK) and got my booking in appointment!

I still live with my mum and dad hwo don't know i'm expecting yet! My mum has just rang me saying she had a funny phonecall off a lady saying 'is that MillyStar' so my mum said no who is it and she said 'i need to change her appointment' so my mother is asking me what appointment! I just played dumb

I had a missed call from blocked on my mobile too but no voicemail so i think it's the midwife, just rang the childrens centre and told the girl to get her to phone me on my mobile as soon as she is free, my mum is a noesy thing and if she rings the house again and says is that MillyStar i think my mum will say yes!!

I will be gutted if she finds out that way, i'm staring at my phone now waiting for the call!!!!!

MotherPanda Thu 29-Sep-11 14:25:02

Oh dear - are you ready to tell them yet? If you are worried they might find out over the phone, it might be better for you to tell them first?

My midwife used to have my number in her diary and would call me from home/ out and about so dont rely on yours picking up your message before calling again.

Congratulations by the way!

purplepidjinawoollytangle Thu 29-Sep-11 14:25:55

Tell your parents. Or will they hit the roof?

Ephiny Thu 29-Sep-11 14:29:23

I agree it's better for you to tell them than have them find out accidentally - and they're going to find out one way or another before long! Your mum is probably already a bit suspicious. Sit down with them and get it over with.

MillyStar Thu 29-Sep-11 14:29:45

I don't want to yet me and bf don't want to tell anyone until we've had the scan to check everything is ok (apart from you lot of course), not the end of the world if she finds out but i'd rather do it myself!!

The receptionist said she is in with someone so i assume it's a booking in appointment, she's gonna grab her for me as soon as she's done, really dunno what else it could be i've got no other appointments booked x

MotherPanda Thu 29-Sep-11 14:32:32

you could always tell a fib... doctors appointment to pick up a prescription for the pill?

MillyStar Thu 29-Sep-11 14:39:02

I've told her i'll find out what the call was, i'm just scared if the midwife phones the house again and asks for me my mum will say she is me to find out what the call is, she's done it before!! Hopefully she will call my mobile first i've got it stuck next to me lol

kiki22 Thu 29-Sep-11 15:09:51

stalk the midwife call every 30 mins to ask if she's free so you get her! nothing gets a call back like constant calls my customers drive me crazy stalking me BUT as soon as i have info i phone them coz i know they will just phone me if i don't call them... might work

MillyStar Thu 29-Sep-11 15:30:21

All sorted i've spoken to her it was her asking to move my appointment forward an hour, glad that's sorted, now all the forms to tackle tonight!

eaglewings Thu 29-Sep-11 15:33:38

Glad it's sorted

If you think it might happen again get your home phone number removed from you medical records

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now