Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40 weeks tomorrow...I am so bored of waiting!!!!

(11 Posts)
babloogirl Thu 29-Sep-11 10:34:51

It doesn't look like labour is about to start, I do have period pains now and then but nothing regular...

I am so bored of waiting, any ideas on what I could do?

Thank god DH is off work tomorrow at least I will have some company and someone to moan to smile

Beauregard Thu 29-Sep-11 10:39:52

Enjoy the peace?

Rest?

Orgasm?

grin

babloogirl Thu 29-Sep-11 10:42:14

I have been enjoying the peace and resting for the past 5 weeks...

as for orgasm, when you are the size of a whale it can be quite tricky grin

impatienttobemummy Thu 29-Sep-11 10:48:51

41+4 today........ better prepare yourself to be more bored!! Get on your birthing ball, once 40 weeks passes with no birth it all gets a bit military (walking/birthing ball/curry/sex)! I found after a good long walk is when I felt the most 'action' down there, gravity is your friend! A lot of ladies have mentioned aquanatal classes too. Good luck hope you don't wait as long as me! Is it baby no 1?

Beauregard Thu 29-Sep-11 10:51:27

Ah but not if flying solo wink

babloogirl Thu 29-Sep-11 10:53:56

It is indeed baby number one, we have been having curry's for the past few nights, been walking in town as well.

I don't have a birthing ball, does it really help?

spookshowangellovesit Thu 29-Sep-11 10:54:47

lots of sex. worked for me every time.

impatienttobemummy Thu 29-Sep-11 13:08:00

RE birthing ball...

Mines a yoga ball same thing im told, I think it works. I find it comfortable to sit on. Now im so huge sitting in a chair is not comfy which means I end up laying down (no gravity doing that!) most importantly its the position it makes you sit in... youve got your pelvis as open as far as it goes so babies head 'should' put pressure on your cervix. Add a bit of a bounce/gentle rocking...!

A friend recommended it to me as she swears that her baby 'dropped' as a result of doing this, I dropped to 3/5 engaged once i started...maybe it helped maybe it didnt. I dont know about you but walking any significant distance wears me out and I do get worried about being too tired when labour starts so the ball for me is an alternative.

Also the same friend went into labour 2 hours after sex! Hasnt worked for me so far but lots of people swear by it!

Jojo1983 Thu 29-Sep-11 13:25:19

Hiya I'm 41 weeks today so feel your pain!

jammyscone Thu 29-Sep-11 18:46:20

I'm 41 +1 and have just had a good bounce on the ball to this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gws-nvchZgY :D

Flisspaps Thu 29-Sep-11 19:03:42

Come back when you reach 40+15 and then tell me you're sick of waiting, 40 weeks seemed like a distant memory by the time I got that far in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now